back to article HPE: Come on in, cool cloud kids, we won't compete with you – unlike *cough* Dell

Hewlett Packard Enterprise is seeking a love-in with service providers that deliver cloudy stuff to customers. The IT giant reckons that unlike its arch rivals, there’ll be no competitive friction to turn things sour. For the first time at HPE’s Global Partner knees-up – taking place in Boston, Massachusetts – cloud providers …

1. Antron Argaiv Silver badge
    Happy

Leveraging synergies!

I walk past the convention center on my way to work. Lots of suits out on the plaza, these past few days, proactively leveraging synergies.

I'm not sure what these huge events accomplish other than a few days off from the daily grind. But they appear to be enjoying themselves.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Go

Re: Leveraging synergies!

Events like this enable the establishment of win-win channel paradigms using enterprise-class offering to deliver value-added solutions to stakeholders across the value chain.

(At least that's what the press release said.)

2. Wensleydale Cheese

Re: Leveraging synergies!

"I walk past the convention center on my way to work. Lots of suits out on the plaza, these past few days, proactively leveraging synergies."

It's times like this I dearly wish I was good at drawing cartoons.

2. Rozzy

Nobody mention Helion

HP wouldn't want to be embarrased further by bringing that up.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nobody mention Helion

A big proportion of staff are leaving Helion at the end of September and October. With the work piled onto existing staff as redundancies take hold with no replacements the "non cloud" cloud service will fall apart.

3. Crazy Operations Guy

I doubt that HPE will be competing with anyone in a few years

Their Earnings Reports are abysmal; they keep shedding business units; their products are in serious need of updates; and they end up killing anything unique.

4. Dave 13

Shrinky

HPE's shrinking their way to success. Will the last boffin please get the lights as they leave? Thanks.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like