back to article Investors resist Larry Ellison's $9.3bn NetSuite deal

Influential investors are opposing NetSuite’s $9.3bn acquisition by Oracle for selling their firm short. The cloud pioneer’s single largest unaffiliated shareholder, T Rowe Price Associates, has written to NetSuite’s board in a letter here explaining why it won’t hand over its stock for the deal. It raises a major question …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Leisure Suit Larry (solved)

Is this the 'Larry' they made that game about?

2. Rhovanion

As time goes on, Larry Ellison is slowly turning into Vince McMahon, current CEO of WWE Wrestling. It's like someone has taken a Bunsen burner to his face, and then somehow refashioned it with a wood adhesive spreader.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Anal sex

T Rowe Price like giving but don't like receiving?

4. a_yank_lurker

Two Slimes

Pot meet kettle.

5. El Limerino
    Devil

Appearance in court is in Larry's future

T Rowe Price is laying the groundwork for a Breach of Fiduciary Duty lawsuit. That's going to take the shine off the deal.

Not seeking other bids is extraordinary behavior by NetSuite -- I hope their Directors & Officers insurance policy is up to date. The first thing any sane negotiator does is seek other interested parties so they have more options and leverage. Which suggests that this was a cram-down by Larry? If I were a Netsuite customer I'd be very worried.

1. peasant

Re: Appearance in court is in Larry's future

Why would be worried to be a NetSuite customer, you're already 40% an Oracle customer.... Or would you rather be a 5% T Rowe Price customer.....The deal is in Oracles favour. TRP are being whores. I want more money,I want more money..for what?

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like