back to article Fifty bills for new Oz parliament, nothing much for tech

The tech sector's going to have to take care of itself in 2016, at least as far at the Turnbull government's legislative agenda is concerned. As federal parliament resumes in Canberra, the government is choosing between different hills to die on – its union-regulating Building and Construction Commission bill, a corrosive …

1. Winkypop Silver badge
    Unhappy

Abbott Govt 2.1

Not much is ever new with this mob.

2. Andrew Commons

The horses mouth?

Maybe the Register could approach Alastair MacGibbon to see where the data breach notifications fits in his priorities.

1. Adam 1

Re: The horses mouth?

Do you mean this Alastair MacGibbon?

Don't worry though. We can Shirley keep your census data safe.

3. RJLHughes

Richard,

the Privacy Amendment (Data Breach Notification) Bill is listed for the spring sitting of Parliament according to the PM&C website

1. Richard Chirgwin (Written by Reg staff)

Thanks, RFL, I'll take another look at the Hansard list tomorrow and amend if it's changed.

Richard Chirgwin

1. RJLHughes

RFL - do you mean rofl?

2. Andrew Commons

The Word document I assume you are referring to only lists "proposed" legislation so still some doubt. The link to the Current House Bills List found on this page (http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_Business/Bills_Legislation) is currently blank.

Look forward to the update. This is long overdue.

1. RJLHughes

I spoke to the people who put the Hansard bills list together this afternoon after quoting your article and being corrected by someone at AISA who had seen an ITNews story. The APH staff said they were just working on the next day at this stage, and referred me to the PM&C page.

4. GrumpyKiwi
    FAIL

Government "help"

You keep going on as if the government would make things better...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like