back to article Bleeping Computer countersues Enigma in software review libel row

PC fix-it site Bleeping Computer has hit back at Enigma Software's defamation lawsuit with several counterclaims that accuse the software house of running a "smear campaign" to discredit it. In a notice posted to its site, Bleeping Computer, a New York state company, says that it has accused Connecticut-based Enigma of, among …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Enigma

have done themselves WAY more damage with this *fiasco than by touting the shit they call "software".

I fully support BC and suggest everyone donate $5 to support them.

BC are a much more useful repository of info than enigma will ever be..

*Streisand effect.

2. CropDuster

Bleeping thankful

Siding with Bleeping on this one. They've pulled my hiney out of the fire way too often to leave'm hanging. I don't think I've ever heard of spy hunter (aside from the old video game...)

3. Joe Drunk
    Windows

We all know how effective all these "Registry Cleaner" apps are..

See title.

4. BarryUK

If only Enigma would put the same effort into software production that they put into litigation and marketing...

1. nichomach
      Trollface

You mean you...

...WANT 10 times as much crapware?

5. adam payne

Go Bleeping!

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Bleeping Computer is a *bleeping* good friend of mine

Enigma can eat large steaming piles of *bleep*. Suing BC is like suing the ambulance driver who brought you to the hospital in time for a life-saving operation. I hope Enigma is driven out of the market or heavily penalized for its peevish antics. As I once said in a previous post, you should never use any software which has *spy* in the name.

1. Solmyr ibn Wali Barad

Re: Bleeping Computer is a *bleeping* good friend of mine

"As I once said in a previous post, you should never use any software which has *spy* in the name."

Scratch Spybot S&D off that list. It's a honest product.

6. Potemkine Silver badge

I miss the good old days when duels were an acceptable form of mediation...

Anyway, thanks to Enigma (and Barbara Streisand) to have enabled me to discover 'Bleeping Computer', which seems a very interesting online resource.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

ComboSuit.exe

BC ftw.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: ComboSuit.exe

Combofix is the other "pull you out of the shit" app as well.

8. Grunchy Silver badge

I donated $20 to bleeping computer. I hope they win.

The only way you can lose at court is to not show up; not respect the process; not take it dead serious. If you observe these 3 simple points the courts bend over backward to accommodate you & listen to your (truthful) arguments.

9. FreeRadical

Bleeping Computer has always been a reliable resource

I have benefited (read: had my ass and data saved) from the information supplied by BC many times. Enigma who? Spy Hunter what? BC wins...no contest. Enigma, you embarrass yourselves badly with this.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like