back to article Who should deliver our next Reg lecture? You tell us

After another cracking series of summer lectures, we’re planning our next run of talks, and we want you to help us put them together. So whether you want to take the mike, or know someone we simply must speak to, now’s your chance. We’ve had a succession of brilliant speakers over the last couple of years, covering everything …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No Brainer!

The Donald or Stephen Fry......or Boaty McBoatface

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Edward Snowden or Julian Assange please.

3. 1Rafayal

bombastic_bob

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've heard that John McAfee will do it for his cab fare and a bag of pork scratchings.

5. Inspector71

Has to be....

amanfrommars1 gets my vote.... A room full of WTF.

1. Unep Eurobats

Re: Has to be....

They did say 'willing to take a flyer'.

I haven't seen jake around here for a while. He seemed to have had an interesting and varied career.

6. Banksy
    Paris Hilton

Dr Hannah Fry

It's not a good reason but I think she's really fit. She is a lecturer in the mathematics of cities so I'm sure you could come up with a topic.

Paris because fit.

7. Scaffa

I don't want to toot my own horn, but BEEP BEEP my laptops got an SSD and I'm more than willing to talk about it for three hours.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Meg Whitman

I heard she has a thing for Paul Kunert...

9. m0rt

Andrew Orlowski

He should talk about his record shop. I would like to hear about this...

Failing that, !Bong should talk about imagineering a new virtual industry that delivers wishes for cold, hard IOUs.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Re: Andrew Orlowski

Failing that, !Bong should talk about imagineering a new virtual industry that delivers wishes for cold, hard IOUs. ..... m0rt

Sharp, wide boy, Parliament business practice is nothing new, m0rt. There ITs ugly actors and state agents have been promising and failing spectacularly to deliver the moon and stars and better lives for one and all, literally for ages.

And now they are all wondering why they are no longer believed in and considered more as the problem to be eradicated rather than solution to be embraced.

10. Bill M

Paul Mason & George Osbourne

Paul Mason & George Osbourne. Start with 5 minutes of debate and general purpose insults, then fisticuffs until the first one cries and loses.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

how about Destroy All Monsters?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Tim Sweeney / Paul Teutul Jr

Tim Sweeney (Epic): <Concerns about Windows-10 / UWP / Windows Store>

Paul Teutul Jr. (American Chopper): <Keeping your creativity and not losing your mind, when your back is to the wall on every project>

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

After his recent entreat at the RSA Asia...

...how about Sir Bob Gandalf?

14. kain preacher

Donald Trump. He no throwing rotten fruit at me.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Clement Atlee, please.

1. nautica Silver badge
      Happy

Calls 'em like he sees 'em

"...a modest man who has much to be modest about..."--W. Churchill re C. Atlee

16. G R Goslin

bring backlewis

bring back Lewis Page, I say. Always good for a realistic outlook and an interesting point of view

17. nautica Silver badge
    Happy

Never assume too much.

"...Think you're up to it? Get in touch with us here."

I am. You're not.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon