back to article 'Unusually frisky' deer blow lid on marijuana plantation

Italian police busted two would-be marijuana cultivators after "unusually frisky" deer alerted the authorities as to the presence of their mountaintop dope plantation, UPI reports. Locals in Trento began telling tales of the abnormally high-spirited animals, while forest rangers began to wonder why the normally shy and straight …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Daniel

Mountain goats

I've seen this done with mountain goats. Quite funny.

Now, I dont know who planted it, it's considered "natural" and the animal actually ATE it. Animals know whats okay and not okay to eat, and they went for it.

2. Keith Turner

Hot pot

Mmm, got any more venison stew?

It just leaves you wanting another plateful.

3. Dillon Pyron

Oreos

So the deer went into town for Oreos (or whatever the local equivalent is) and milk

4. Greg Nelson

Folk Lore

Folk lore seems to suggest pot smokers are a lethargic bunch given to hiding out in fetid, basement rooms but the Italian, frisky fawns seem to tell a tale closer to the mark. Most pot smokers I know go so far as to complain that smoking pot makes them too active. In Vancouver beach volleyball, mountain biking and Ultimate head the long list of activities enjoyed in a haze of pot smoke. Pot is known as a pain killer and it's pain killing properties possibly further frisky behaviour on the part of pot smokers. I've seen house cats as crazy happy with a bud of pot to play with as they would have been with fresh cuttings of cat nip. OTOH a small group of us once came across a few cows grazing in a field that was dense with magic mushrooms. One cow was frozen, it's head inches from the ground, not even it's tail twitched. I would have given a lot to have glimpsed what was going on in it's head. Coffee came to us care of a frisky goat, it's a shame we miss Bambi's obvious message.

5. Ishkandar

Getting high...

This certainly puts a new meaning to "getting high"...

6. Jonathan Richards

@Daniel

> Animals know whats okay and not okay to eat, ...

No they don't. Which old wife did you get that gem from?

"Plant poisoning has plagued humans and animals throughout history, especially in North America where many immigrants and their animals were poisoned by unfamiliar plants." "In 1978, a study on the economic impact of poisonous plants on the range livestock industry in 17 western states [of North America] estimated that the problem cost the industry $107 million annually."

In: A Guide to Plant Poisoning of Animals in North America, A. P. Knight and R. G. Walter (Eds.) (2002)

7. Rob

@Jonathan

All of that data you reference is concerning non native populations, where as with native populations there is the theory that through generations in the same place native populations learn what is good to eat and what is not.

8. Louis

RE: Getting high...

Oh deer.

This topic is closed for new posts.