back to article Database admin banned from Oxford Street for upskirt filming

A database admin has been banned from Oxford Street for filming up the skirts of young women. Miroslav Mirchev, 33, used the not particularly subtle tactic of swinging a bag containing a smartphone to capture his voyeuristic footage, The Evening Standard reported from Westminster magistrates court. Mirchev is from Varna in …

1. JimmyPage Silver badge
    WTF?

This article is all over the place ...

A programmer doing installations on Oracle kit ?

And was there not a UK resource available ?

Also the whole article reads like it was written by one of Mirchevs' compatriots ... I've already emailed one correction in today ... two starts to look like carelessness ....

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

EU: ✔️

Immigrant: ✔️

Pervert: ✔️

Oracle: ✔️

1. lansalot

Remarks about immigrants: ✔️

Anonymous coward: ✔️

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Same AC

Guilty as charged: ✔️

2. qwertyuiop

On the other hand...

Jimmy Saville

Dave Lee Travis

Paul Gadd (Gary Glitter)

Max Clifford

*NOT* immigrants

BIGGER perverts than this Bulgarian or does the fact that they're British make it OK?

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Err? Who told you he is an immigrant?

No fixed address in the UK. That does not sound like an immigrant to me.

In any case, this a sad testament to what Varna has become. I have some nice recollections from 20+ years ago of vibrant nightlife, fantastic bars all over the place and lots and lots of pretty ladies.

To degenerate from that to the point where a camera placed in TopShop is an appealing proposition...

1. Kobblestown

In any case, this a sad testament to what Varna has become.

To make conclusions for a whole city by a single person is pretty shortsighted, to put it mildly.

Disclaimer: I'm from Varna and I аm shortsighted, or rather, myopic - like all Varnians (варненци).

3. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Bloody immigrants! Coming over here and committing all our sexual offences! What about the hard working British perverts who are being pushed out of the courts by these cheaper foreign sex pests?

4. Stuart Castle Silver badge

A pervert is a pervert no matter which country or continent they are from.. Although it is not fair to compare this guy to Saville/Clifford/Hall etc. Filming up skirt, while obviously bad, is nowhere near as bad as the stuff those guys (especially Saville) got up to.

3. g00se
    Linux

TIC

He is said to travel to the UK to install Oracle databases at hotels and restaurants.

Presumably they'll take this offence into consideration too ...

1. TitterYeNot
      Coat

Re: TIC

"Presumably they'll take this offence into consideration too ..."

Puzzlingly, when caught, the suspect advised that the arresting officer had "beautiful thighs" and shouted "Drop your panties Sir William I cannot wait 'till lunchtime", before complaining that his nipples would "explode with delight" as he was lead away to the police van.

It is reported that he was in possession of a Hungarian Bulgarian to English phrasebook, as well as a copy of "How To Behave Like An Englishman When Visiting London", both published by Alexander Yalt Ltd. (Monty Python Edition.)

2. BurnT'offering

Re: to the UK to install Oracle databases at hotels and restaurants.

I hope it was by invitation.

1. aqk
        Go

Re: to the UK to install Oracle databases at hotels and restaurants.

Hotels? He should have gone with MOTELS. Read my link above... or perhaps below, depending on your rectitude.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No oracle

The guy has an internets worth of pron and yet he still goes out and has to be a creep.

1. Anonymous South African Coward Bronze badge

Re: No oracle

But the real thing is so much better than watching other people's pr0nz...

Guess it must be the excitement and everything that makes a lethal combination of addiction...

1. AceRimmer1980
        Coat

Re: No oracle

was it a youknicks system?

1. Richard Wharram
          Stop

Re: youknicks

Never try humour again.

2. aqk
      Paris Hilton

Re: No oracle Oh, BEHAVE!

But then, isn't that just what it's all about?

5. Sir Sham Cad

Mitigation

"Sorry Officer, I'm an Oracle installation engineer and I needed to look up 'a load of random arse'"

1. David Webb

Re: Mitigation

He just wanted to see where the Sun no longer shines.

1. Paul Woodhouse

very very good...

2. Ralph B

How could he dbase himself in this way?

6. This post has been deleted by its author

7. Yugguy

Dear lord

The things some people have to do to get off.

1. BongoJoe

Re: Dear lord

Well, lucky for him he didn't go to Scotland and have an eyeful of an up-kilt experience!

8. Slx

There are some right creeps out there.

1. phuzz Silver badge
      Joke

You're right, I think Oracle engineers deserve our sympathy more than our contempt.

Who am I kidding, they should bring back hanging!

9. Frumious Bandersnatch

"man in the crowd"

"with the multicoloured mirrors on his hob-nail boots..."

I was trying to remember the name of the Japanese film with a similar theme, then managed to find it with Google: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Exposure

Very funny film, in spite of (because of?) the perversion angle.

1. Ian 55

Re: "man in the crowd"

One of the Pee-Wee Herman films has him shouting 'mirror shoes' when told that the main female character is about to come round.

A film that was, you know, for the kids.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

Re: "man in the crowd"

The character of Dave Lister in Red Dwarf speaks fondly of an old school friend in one episode: "He's the one who taught me to put mirrors on the end of my boots for looking up girls' skirts".

I'm not condoning this behaviour, just noting it appearance in popular culture.

10. John Savard

Prior to Sentencing

I was shocked by the title of the article, and I'm glad to see that banning him from one particular street is not, in fact, the sum of his penalty for the offence in question, but instead he is yet to face sentencing. Otherwise, I'd have ranted about the weak state of British justice.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Prior to Sentencing

Otherwise, I'd have ranted about the weak state of British justice.

Oh please, this is the Internet. Don't let a little detail like that stop you.

/tiptoeing away

11. Simon R. Bone
    Alert

Licensing?

Did he fall foul of Oracle's Core (Blimey) Licensing Scheme?

12. Cynic_999

Immigrants

In the past week I've seen articles about an Albanian wanted for rape, a Romanian wanted for sexual assault and a Bosnian wanted for indecent exposure.

Bloody immigrants get offered all the good jobs.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Immigrants

A couple of Irishmen see a wanted ad for tree fellers. One of them says to the other "Will ya look at that Paddy, and there's only two of us".

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Am I the onky peson who...

thinks upskirt filming is about as offensive as being giggled at by girls on the beach?

1. Francis Boyle Silver badge

Re: Am I the onky peson who...

Hopefully, yes.

1. aqk
        Boffin

I would certainly hope so.

I googled you and came up with a few peculiar South Asian websites, but no actual "onky peson".

BTW- Do you have trouble meeting women?

1. Nehmo

I images googled "Upskirt". I must admit, there were some sexy pictures. I must be a perv.

14. aqk
    Paris Hilton

An Oracle DBA? It figures!

Why it might well have been the great yachtsman Larry hisself! But more likely this poor slob is a paid Oracle lackey, sent to do his cruel master's bidding.

Still, if you like this kinky stuff, then the MOTELMAN, as described in the following New Yorker article: THE DIRTY MOTELMAN! - by Gay Talese, has to have had the best setup. He actually bought a whole motel for his skirting of the law!

15. Nehmo

I just image Googled "upskirt". Some of those girls are real cute. I must be a perv.

16. Paul Hovnanian Silver badge

Wrong victim

Och! It's a kilt not a skirt.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like