back to article I'm in, says insolvency expert, grabs chair on board of Dragons’ Den star's firm

An insolvency and restructuring veteran has taken a seat at the board of moribund cloud services firm Outsourcery as one of the requisite Ts&Cs to secure a funding lifeline from Vodafone. The AIM-listed firm run by former Dragons’ Den badass Piers Linney and joint-CEO Simon Newton revealed David Duggins, senior advisor at …

1. Naselus

Why are you bothering to report this still? It's been obvious that this company has failed since about 2010.

Outsourcery have tried to recruit me 4 times in the last year and a half. They pay very well indeed, yet their staff turnover must be somewhere in the region of 80% a year. I don't think anyone on the inside apart from Linney and Newton actually has the slightest bit of faith in the company, which appears to be entirely based on selling skype-for-business licenses to UK.gov and selling more stock.

Poster-boy for every broken promise in the Cloud, tbh. Everything AWS did right, this bunch of chancers did horribly wrong.

1. Bob Vistakin
      Facepalm

What else do you expect when your entire business model consists of jumping on the latest tech bandwagon, lying to your customers and hoping they won't talk to each other so you can keep on conning the next set of mugs you deal with.

Outsourcery aren't much better, either.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not the worst ever "Dragon", but definitely the most smug. The earlier ones were the best ( although you can keep that American one, given his recently uncovered proclivities ).

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Err and Rachel Elnaugh who although created a remarkable company at a young age in Red Letter Days allowed complete mismanagement of it and some glaringly obvious screw-ups to make it fail.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

She pissed me off. Willing to invest in companies because they were ran by women with a sob story. It's not X-Factor for gods sake.

And that Blonde South African woman, with her must be organic and gluten free nonsense.

1. Naselus

"And that Blonde South African woman, with her must be organic and gluten free nonsense."

I think she was by far the most entertaining Dragon ever tbh, simply because everything she said was completely mental. She'd turn down a solid business based on someone's shoes, or go all-in on a terrible business because the owner was allergic to nuts and 'she could relate'.

3. frank ly

Disclaimer

"Huggins certainly has experience of restructuring businesses - he’s held directorships at tens of companies that were liquidated, ..."

Past performance is not indicative of future results - but it does make you wonder.

1. asdf

Re: Disclaimer

>"Huggins certainly has experience of restructuring businesses - he’s held directorships at tens of companies that were liquidated, ..."

But did he make a Bowie tribute video or work exclusively on a bitcoin cash register as everything burned down around him?

4. The Godfather

Final call

Shape up or I call in your remaining chips...

5. m0rt

The only reason they haven't killed it yet...

...is because it is still one of the best company names in this sector.

Until we get a Techy McTechface company that is.

1. asdf

Re: The only reason they haven't killed it yet...

You know your customer base is a bunch of soulless sociopaths when a name with Outsource in it has massive positive brand appeal. Guess someone has to belong to the country clubs.

2. Roj Blake Silver badge

Re: The only reason they haven't killed it yet...

Or Cloudy McLeodface*

McLeod is an actual surname, normally pronounced Macloud

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Cloud computing pioneer...

lol

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like