back to article Lenovo's European prez quits over 'serious strategic disagreements'

Lenovo's European president Eric Cador is today stepping down from the firm after just 12 months in post, citing "strategic disagreements". Luca Rossi, currently president of Lenovo’s biz in Latin America, will succeed Cador. Prior to joining Lenovo in 2015, Rossi was EMEA president for Acer. Cador will return to his …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Leadership

Leadership is the ability to learn, turn the page and look forward to a new journey!

That's the definition of "ready to move on", not "leadership".

Pretty easy mistake to make these days though...

1. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Re: Leadership

Obligatory Dilbert is obligatory.

2. lglethal Silver badge
    Trollface

Funny...

I guess it's now cheaper to manufacture (some) things in the EU then in China.

I certainly remember being told that would never again be the case by the powers that be a few years back...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Err...

Quitting over 'strategic disagreements' implies there is a strategy to disagree about.

The customer I currently work for employs Lenovo for their laptop needs. Apart from riddling new machines with bloatware and general excrement that has no place on a business system I fail to detect any strategy concerning product development, support, warranty or customer service.

Might one inquire what strategy they were actually disagreeing about ?

'Cost Saving' is in itself not a strategy. Nor is moving manufacturing around a strategy for said cost saving.

1. Hstubbe

Re: Err...

Quite so. Lenovo has really disqualified themselves with their factory-default malware. Add to that the complete failure in usable laptop design of anything made by them in the last decade. Heck, no wonder Dell is everywhere, they make decent workhorses instead of experimental crap that doesn't work.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like