back to article X-IO spinning off Axellio line into new biz

X-IO Technologies is spinning off its Axellio flash array tech into a separate company as it prepares to stop investing in a market share bun fight with the existing ISE and iglu products. The company has sold in excess of 8,000 ISE flash and flash/disk arrays, and iglu storage data services products, to more than 1,500 …

1. mhack

Good luck Gavin, I wish you well. With your expert knowledge of the industry and insight into new products, I'm sure you will do outstanding.

2. Bruce Hockin

Have I read this right?

X-IO are exiting the hybrid storage space and ceasing as a company, other than to support existing contracts etc. Any new tech that was developed in now going to be span off into a new company, preserving some sort of value for the share holders.

3. Androgynous Cow Herd

A move that makes tremendous strategic sense from a true visionary

That hybrid array market is very crowded, but the all flash array market is *much* less competitive. I am sure they will do fine. The incredible execution that led them to their current status of poster child for zombie tech fizzles will assuredly suit them well in this bold new market entrance. Watch Out EMC, NTAP, Nimble, Pure, Tegile, Tintri; X-IO (or whatever they are calling it now) is going to kick your ass. With talent like Bill Miller at the helm how can they fail....again?

sorry, forgot the sarcasm tags...

1. Freakyfeet

Re: A move that makes tremendous strategic sense from a true visionary

Well someone didn't read the article

They're STOPPING growth in the AFA market due to the ridiculous spending by the companies you listed and focussing on the OEM NVMe array market (which none of those listed play in)

Sounds like your post was purely a personal gripe between you and Miller.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon