back to article Airport drone 'plastic bag'

A "drone" that apparently hit an aircraft at Heathrow Airport in the UK last weekend may have been a plastic bag. "The reported drone strike on Sunday has not been confirmed it was actually a drone. It was the local police force that tweeted that they had a report of a drone striking an aircraft," said UK transport minister …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Quick ban plastic bags for the queens birthday...

1. I ain't Spartacus Gold badge
      Happy

Did the airline pay their 5p?

If I'm now forced to buy bin liners, I don't see why they should get free ones falling out of the sky...

2. Adam 52 Silver badge

At last someone with a clue. And a minister of the Crown at that, what is the world coming too.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

what is the world coming too.

To an end.

The end is neigh not because he has a clue, but because he is honest and not using this for one more step towards making the next Tory PM, her excellency the Treasonous May the High Chancellor.

The Wachovski brothers did ONE BIG mistake when making tV for Vendetta. They decided that the high chancellor will be male. Otherwise, they are spot on - this is the direction we are going.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

This:

"the incident affecting an A320 landing".

"The incident having no effect what-so-ever on either the airworthiness of the aircraft or its subsequent landing".

TFTFY

4. Denarius
    Meh

no suprise about a bag

flying over a small country town one summer searching for decent lift when I saw an odd "bird" in distance circling. Flew over and found a plastic shopping bag inside a decent thermal at 5000 feet AFAIRC. Gained height well. Eventually one of these being caught up near an airport would be near a plane or hit it.

Now if only the panic merchants could be controlled.

5. Allan George Dyer
    Boffin

Endangered Species

We should be doing more to protect the airborne plastic bag from aircraft. These delicate creatures seldom survive a direct strike.

Around here, we also get their close relative, the marine plastic bag, it's wonderful to see them swimming freely among people at our beaches, but they too are endangered by speedboats.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon