back to article Brocade stirs up a Ruckus, swallows wireless kit maker for $1.5bn

Brocade is buying Ruckus Wireless for cash and shares, valuing Ruckus at around $1.5bn, and giving it entry to the growing enterprise wireless networking market. The deal has been approved by both companies’ boards of directors. Ruckus stockholders will get $6.45 in cash and 0.75 shares of Brocade common stock for each share …

1. razorfishsl

as Guy Kawasaki said , companies purchasing other companies to get ahead, just end up killing both.

and I just spent 50k on putting in Ruckus....

2. Wayland

Excelent kit

The Ruckus access points use an electronically directional antenna which allows them to pick up faint WiFi signals amongst a number of competing signals.

I have used one as a hotspot which was able to carry Skype Video in a situation where a normal 54g hotspot has hopeless. Both had good signal strength but the Ruckus was able to ignore all the competing signals.

I have also used one in a huge house where multiple normal Access Points left too many dead spots.

The company buying them has just got themselves some amazing technology. They could trade on the brand name but it's the technology which will get them ahead.

3. Ticl
    Thumb Down

Juniper dumping their wireless business not looking too good now.

http://www.juniper.net/support/eol/wlanseries_hw.html

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like