back to article Jenkins 'fesses up after inadvertently slurping users' usage stats

The Jenkins project has issued an advisory to users that a couple of recent versions had been sending usage stats to the mothership, whether admins had hit the opt-out button for the continuous delivery platform or not. The advisory said: “A bug was introduced in Jenkins versions 1.645 and 1.642.2 which caused Jenkins to send …

1. hellwig

This is why

Our Jenkins instances can't access the internet.

2. Yag
    Happy

An interesting usage stat...

... would be the amount of usage stat they received for those versions compared to the previous ones.

I always wanted to know how many people turn such features off.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Leeroy !!!!!

4. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Unhappy

Quite disturbing

If I knew what the Jenkins project is.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Quite disturbing

Think cron with a web interface

1. streaky

Re: Quite disturbing

Rofl.

Think cron written in Java (can haz memory back) that actually isn't a cron at all that detects issues in code on a per-commit/push basis for developers that is basically designed to habitually embarrass poor developers (which is why we love CI)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

usage stats

Hopefully these stats will be telling them just how damn slow it is to log on and that I have to log on many times a day because someone thought it would be a good idea to timeout the session after 20 mins. Yes I know you can increase the time out but that's even more hassle in this place due to the requests and sign offs it will need. #devopsnotreallydevops

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like