back to article VMware VSAN to gain Nimble-style analytics and cloud-native APIs

If imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, then VMware has just told the world that Nimble Storage is a really great company. Virtzilla has signalled an intention to give its VSAN software-defined storage code the backing of an analytics service that Nimble Storage has had since day dot. Nimble's secret sauce is called “ …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Analytics

Most of the vendors have had this stuff forever, it's nothing new just that Nimble give it a product name and try to use it as a USP.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Analytics

Really? Forever?

Please provide evidence including license costs, hardware and or VM requirements, details of how this provides stats from top of stack to bottom on a single sheet from any internet access point.

Please also advise on how this provides detailed RCA and to what extent.

1. This post has been deleted by its author

1. JRW

Re: Analytics

Nimble Employee Back Again

Anyone interested in how Nimble's InfoSight analytics helps RCA please take up the offer of a demo and/or we can arrange a call with current customer.

2. JRW

Re: Analytics - Ask for a Nimble Demo

Disclaimer - Nimble Employee

You would expect me to say this but Nimble has been leading the innovation in storage analytics for years. Don't trust me - ask for a demo and you will see why Nimble customers love InfoSight so much. I believe it's a major factor behind our net promotor score of 85.

http://www.nimblestorage.com/technology-products/infosight/

PS InfoSight is part of Nimble Support and runs in the Cloud, so requires no in house infrastructure and carries no add on charge.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like