back to article Apple sees red over iPhone 3G

It’ll come as no surprise that Apple’s got yet more iPhone surprises up its sleeves. But, the latest rumour is that a charity themed red-backed iPhone 3G is on its way. Product_red_iphone_3g Could a (Product) RED iPhone 3G be coming? According to sources unknown and reported on website iphonesavior, Apple has lined up a ( …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jamie Kitson

Coincidentally...

As I went for lunch today I passed a small film crew and a guy with a red power book, didn't think much of it at the time.

2. Gulfie
    Thumb Up

Sounds good!

I like the sound of Apple extending their Product Red range although for mysel fI'm perfectly happy with my black second coming.

How long before you can remove the back of your iPhone 3g (those screws in the base) and send it away to have it airbrushed? Sounds like a market opportunity there, could also have it laquered to keep it scuff resistant too...

3. Colin MacLean
    Flame

Back in the day...

I remember ICL brought out a red PC monitor (mid-90s). Guess it was to make it stick out from the beige crowd, but gawd it looked awful!

4. pimlicosound

That's not an iPhone 3G

I don't buy it. A Product (RED) version of the iPhone 3G may be in the works, but that certainly isn't it. It has a flat back and black plastic switches on the side, which indicate that it's an original model iPhone. The 3G has a curved back and chrome switches. These are probably just Photoshop images.

5. This post has been deleted by its author

6. Ed

Re: That's not an iPhone 3G

I don't think anyone is claiming that is an iPhone 3G - it's just some image someone mocked up in Photoshop to illustrate the original article...

7. daniel
    Jobs Horns

Define "A percentage"...

About 0.01% goes to charity, the rest - including the $30 supplement - goes into Jobsworths pocket...

And you will still have to pay extra to get the firmware upgrade...

8. fluffy
    Flame

@pimlicosound

"These are probably just Photoshop images."

Gee, ya think?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

EPIC FAIL

This is no pink RAZR V3

You, sir, are an idiot ;}

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The Onion

The Onion had an amazing T-shirt on their store that was red with the writing:

CONSCIENCE

CLEA(RED)

that really made me laugh.

11. Paul McCourt
    Happy

One of Captain Kirk's babes

Yer w'one on the screen looks like something Captain Kirk would have had a fling with in the OST.

Or was he more into green women?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

oh that looks nasty

daring, but epic fail on the design front.

13. Jesse Dorland
    Paris Hilton

Who cares?

I wouldn't buy an iphone, until its price goes down, and it is supported by all the mobile providers --- and CHEAPER!!!

And 1 more thing. I SHOULD BE ABLE TO REPLACE THE BATTERY!!!

14. Jeff
    Alien

Does anyone else think that

the picture on the phone looks disturbingly like a demonic Michael Jackson?

15. Dave

oh oh oh oh !!

Is this really about a red phone? REALLY? Jesus christ you sad bastards.

16. andy rock
    Happy

Re: Does anyone else think that

teehee, i was wondering who it reminded me of! i think you've got something there. he/she looks bloody weird whoever it is.

17. Andy Taylor

Phone pictures are from Colorware

Colorware (colorwarepc.com) is the company that will paint your PC, Mac, PDA or phone pretty much any colour you want.

The photos of the phone are lifted directly from Colorware's own original iPhone pages. Someone has just added the face on the front.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like