back to article UK boffins form nanotech taskforce

Nanotechnology will be the next industrial revolution, and if the UK wants a piece of the action, it has to move now to fund research in the subject. So say academics from the University of Surrey, which has formed a nanotechnology taskforce, to develop a "coherent strategy for funding nanotechnology research". The university …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Anderson

Keep the government out of it.

If they really want a viable UK nanotech industry then I suggest they avoid any government involvement like the plauge.

I cannot think of a UK govenrment technical initiative since the 1950s which has led to any succesfull industrial application. (In fact its hard to think of a sentence with the words "Her Majesties Government" and "success" without the qualifing phrase "****ed up".

So boffins learn to go it alone, talk to a VC if you need money.

2. amanfromMars Silver badge

I Kid U Not.

Methinks, we know that is only a Crest in the Current Wave Heralding a New Dawn ....... In the Beginning of AI Virtualisation, there was always Imagination.

And no Part is too small to Play, Register. :-)

What is your Pleasure to Server Virtually?

3. Rich Bryant

One of these days

I'll work out what the hell amanfromMars is on about. I've tried using decryption on his comments, i've tried recombining the oddly capitalised words - surely he has some reason for that? - and i've tried reading them backwards just in case.

No joy.

Can anyone help?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

2012 Olympics will be the ideal place to showcase our skills in nanotechnology.

Well the building work won't be finished in time. A miniature stadium with miniature athletes may be the only solution.

5. Tim

Me Neither

We may need to find another amanfrommarsondrugs who can tell us.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

amanfrommars the truth is out there

At great personal risk I've chosen to tell you the truth of amanfrommars. J. R. R. Tolkien's legendarium, speaks of Aman as the "blessed realm". It is a continent that lies to the west of Middle-earth. Aman is also known as The Undying Lands, Eressëa, Deathless Lands and is the Land of the Ainur and the Elves. Unknown to the uninitiated J.R.R. Tolkien was a psychic who successfully channeled the souls of those who lived in the ancient past of the earth. Tolkien was prevented from writing the true history of middle earth. Sauron threw down the west. amanfrommars is an elf. amanfrommars speaks from the elven colony that fled to mars. His posts are cryptic messages to those of us who soon will rise up against Sauron and his minions led by the current White House Administration . The Eye of Sauron which you know as Google has begun to manifest itself to all in an attempt to achieve final and complete victory over the few free beings on earth. Continue to monitor amanformmars' posts at your peril!

7. Rob

amanfrommars

Almost looks like markov chaining, pointed at a reg page, but it's a damn clever routine if it does typo's.

Maybe it's nano AI. In which case we're in trouble.

But back on topic, I'm confused. An MP and a University want the government to act. Where do they think their salaries come from anyway?

This topic is closed for new posts.