back to article Can DevOps be applied to the whole company?

We’re crossing off the days until the early bird ticket offer for Continuous Lifecycle London closes, so if you want to hear from the likes of Etsy’s Katherine Daniels, and save hundreds into the bargain, you should really click now. Katherine will be discussing how much of DevOps to date has been about how to bring …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Can DevOps be applied to hiring a DevOps consultant ?

2. BoldMan
  3. Mike Shepherd
    Unhappy

Uh-oh

"...real world practitioners...like...UK’s own Government Digital Service"

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Uh-oh

Yes, that was pretty much the deciding factor for me not to pay much attention anymore :)

I would just like to know how much El Reg gets paid to keep that on the front page for what? 3 months now? It was there before New Year.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

4. Dan 55 Silver badge

"early bird expires soon"

Poor thing's been pecking out too many DevOps articles...

5. Lysenko

GDS !!??

Seriously? Is this some kind of practice run for April 1st?

6. disgruntled yank

Of course!

According to the recent Register items on DevOps, it can be applied to anything: pancakes, breakfast cereal, auto bodies, etc.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I assume DevOps was used to develop the El Reg Automated Article Writer (tm), as there seems to be a bug causing it to keep writing articles that nobody wants to read about storage companies, devops and how devops can be applied within storage companies.

1. BoldMan

Oh and don't forget reprints from "The Conversation"...

2. John 104

I can't upvote this post enough.

8. Doctor Syntax Silver badge

Do I get a hint of desperation here? Maybe the tickets aren't selling.

9. Steve Davies 3 Silver badge

DevOps...

Hows about El-Reg puts £1 in the swear box everytime an El-Reg hack mentions it?

The DevOps tidal wave is a mere ripple (if that) in most companies.

All this plugging (or flogging of a truly dead horse) ain't going to make it the hottest thing since... the last hottest thing.

As far as many of us here are concerned it is akin to a certain Norwegian Blue.

1. Bibbit

Re: DevOps...

But look at the beautiful plumage.

10. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Hmphf

Going on some forty years back, we called cross-functional teams "Tiger Teams." I've always wondered if that convention had something to do with Kellogg's Frosted Flakes. In any case, that's how I spent an awful lot of time working with non-engineering types since I could translate between the other members and to manglement. This is yet another iteration of business process re-engineering where, this time around, IT gets to play.

11. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Going on some forty years back, we called cross-functional teams "Tiger Teams." I've always wondered if that convention had something to do with Kellogg's Frosted Flakes.

I'm clearly older than you - for me that recalls an old Esso commercial :)

12. LaunchpadBS
    Flame

Why should I be alone in my suffering, if the managment bots want to push DevOps then it's only fair they feel the pain too

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like