back to article Dell pitches XPS laptops at the mainstream

Dell's anticipated 13.3in laptop did make an appearance yesterday - it was launched alongside the PC maker's new, coloured Inspiron notebooks under Dell's XPS gamer-oriented brand. Dell XPS M1330 Dell's XPS M1330: wireless wonder? Dubbed the M1330, the Core 2 Duo powered machine is offered with a choice of Intel's own …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Phil Miesle

exchange rate error in your favour!

--> US prices start at $1299. In the UK, prices kick off at £699

At current exchange rates, £699 = $1394. Considering that £699 is inclusive of VAT and that quoted US prices don't include sales tax, the ex-VAT price is £595 / $1190...which is cheaper than the US price!?!?

I suspect that the person setting prices at Dell won't be getting a job offer from Microsoft any time soon...

2. daniel

re: Exchange rates

... Or from Adobe...

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

HDMI - but no Blu Ray

With no Blu Ray (or even HD DVD), is there any point in HDMI unless downloading HD content becomes viable (i.e. the UK upgrades its infrastructure and ISPs offer better tariffs)...

4. Ian North

Slot loader

"The M1330's optical drive is a slot-loader"

It's about *&@#ing time! I would really love to know why slot loading optical devices have been installed soley in Apple laptops for so long. For a laptop, they are such a superior design.

5. Ryan Stewart

RE: HDMI - but no Blu Ray

Ports on a MOBO are hard to change but an optical drive is something usually plug and play for makers. That means dell is probably setting this laptop up to last a year or two and just offer whichever format seems to be winning.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not much of a choice?

Buyers can select either 802.11b/g, 802.11b/g or 802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi......

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like