back to article This EMC is bereft of expansion, it is formerly increasing ... it is ex-growth

EMC is now an ex-growth stock. It pulled out its traditional hard-selling fourth quarter, but it achieved 0.7 per cent less than the year-ago quarter. Full-year results, published on Wednesday, were ahead in the annual compare by just 1 per cent. It's been a hard year for the world's number one storage supplier. Fourth …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Basically EMC II let the team down."

Way to go guys... "The beatings will continue until morale improves!" Here's your new Quota...

No mention of "SDS" revenue or whatever they're calling their software division now.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Left of my own accord in December for one reason: Leadershit.

3. Mr.Nobody

the best quote

"They are also transforming existing IT systems toward a Hybrid Cloud or building and deploying new digital applications."

But what about all the analog applications? I think they missed a big opportunity here.

4. RedneckMother

heh, heh...

How the mighty have fallen... they screwed me & my mates more than 13 years ago during one of their (in)famous "restructurings".

And no, I don't wish to recount (or relive) the sordid details. I'll just let it go at "what goes around, comes around". They've thrown a lot of good services, technologies, and people under the bus for a long time.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Why does Tucci keep calling it a merger?

It's not.

Dell is buying EMC.

It's Dell that is putting down the money to acquire EMC, not the other way around.

6. dpk

Haters gonna hate. Still a $45B behemoth.

7. PowerMan4Evr

Example of product shift & giving footprint away

The decline in VMAX & VNX has as much to do with EMC's focus on pushing XtremIO at any cost to gain AFA marketshare, even to give it away to beat the competition, especially Pure. Rob Peter to pay Paul.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like