back to article Peru scrambles vulture squadron in war against trash

The powers that be in Peruvian capital Lima have scrambled a squadron of ten trained vultures in their war against illegal rubbish dumping. Lima's human inhabitants create 6,000 tonnes of rubbish every day, according to the city's waste management coordinator Javier Hernandez. He told Reuters: "Approximately 96 per cent of …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Oops!

There's a suicidal one right at the airport!

2. Alistair
    Windows

"Negative view of the vulture"

!! And published on the Reg !!

<< Not that *I* have a negative view of vultures, I've been hanging around here for too long >>

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Turned Vultures into stool pigeons

When i read the title was half expecting to see a flock of autonomous LOHANS blazing a trail over the Peruvian skies!

4. lnLog

drain cleaner

I remember one time when a tanker of hydrochloric / sulphuric (cant remember which) crashed into the river Rimac, and the general consensus was that the river was substantially cleaner after the incident...

5. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Vultures loose in Lima!!

I guess the local bar exam has wrapped up?? (/rimshot)

Thank you! I'm here all week!! (Unless my sense of humor attracts a flock of aerial scavengers, drawn by the smell of something rotting.)

6. Graham Marsden
    Unhappy

All that...

... and not a mention of Dastardly and Muttley in their Flying Machines?

7. Queasy Rider

there are plans aclaw

Shouldn't that be "There are plans atalon? By the way Reg, birds have feet too.

8. dotdavid

Biting The Hand That Feeds

Them Rubbish

9. JJKing
    Coat

I wonder if the legal eagles will get involved to feather their nest. (Sorry)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon