back to article Viglen staff mark CEO Tkachuk's passing with a royal tribute

Now that Viglen boss Bordan Tkachuk has split, some of his underlings have marked his passing with some passings and markings of their own at the previously off-limits C-suite shower block. Tkachuk cleared his desk before Christmas, two years after Viglen was acquired by XMA – itself owned by Westcoast Holdings – as his earn- …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

What?

Only a personal toilet and shower so it is not contaminated by the scum from the shop floor?

No king size bed with an "exercise harness" over it?

I guess running a company is no longer as rewarding as it used to be.

1. Jedit Silver badge

"I guess running a company is no longer as rewarding as it used to be."

Are you kidding? The Reg said that toilet was only for executive bots. How rich is that, to have someone to write a computer program that automatically shits for you?

2. Lysenko

Re: What?

I had a shower installed in my last CTO office ...and a bed ...because I quite literally "lived there". I was taking a salary was about £500 a month. You can't function on that in central London any other way ;)

2. andykb3

Umm. news?

Some people used a loo and a shower. Wow

Slow news day?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Umm. news?

In our "state of the art" building, each toilet is a self-contained room with said toilet and a sink. There are no urinals anywhere. There are a ratio'd amount of toilets marked as ladies and the bigger more accessable versions for the disabled.

So far so good, but the ratio of staff to toilets is pretty bad, so more often than not you have to go wandering round the building to find a toilet. So round here actually find a toilet to use is a newsworthy event!

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

You wouldn't work at the BBC in White City would you?

1. Anonymous Coward
          Anonymous Coward

No, a Japanese bank in the City. Quite worrying that this sort of thing has been implemented elsewhere!

1. Anonymous Coward
            Anonymous Coward

Indeed. Especially considering they're pretty much permanently occupied, and the ventilation is less than perfect. The trick is not just finding one, but finding one that's had a few minutes to air!

2. Kernel

So, if all toilets are identical and individual, exactly why are they marked Mens and Ladies?

Seems a very old-fashioned approach. Our office has two identical toilets, but they are both labelled for both genders.

1. KA1AXY
          Happy

Just keep a quart bottle by your desk.

3. Yugguy

MEH

Most places I have worked in have bosses so far removed from reality and the lower workforce that a change of such boss is universally greeted with "meh".

4. zebthecat

Many years ago the company I worked for was merged into our parent and, as a result, we moved into the parent company's office building.

The whole move was organised by the MD including a nice little goldfish bowl for said MD.

Rather callously the MD's prize for the smooth office move was getting fired on the Monday morning directly after the weekend of the move itself.

I arrived on the office on Tuesday morning to find crime scene tape all over the ex-MD's office complete with chalk dead body outline and oodles a fake blood.

We never did find out who was responsible...

5. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Not about passing bosses, but company toilet related:

You've probably seen the kind of bog roll holder that holds two rolls side by side. Most of them also have some sort of lock.

A couple of years someone I know pulled a little prank at the company he was working at. They had the sort of holders described. Standard company issue bog roll in both slots. So he changed one of the rolls for a de luxe extra-soft 4-plier one. And put labels on the case reading "Management Only" and "Workforce".

6. dvd

Ewwwwwww.....

A mate of mine worked somewhere that announced a lot of redundancies.

Seemingly a number of the staff went and shat on the floor in the executive washroom.

Best thing was that the cleaners refused to deal with it so the execs had to clean it up themselves.

7. The Godfather
    Happy

gold plated bog seats...

This type of executive bog harks back to the 40's,50's ad 60's....These days, it's a fad, akin to having private jet...did this one have a key to enter too or just a doberman guarding the door?by the way El Reg...perhaps time to introduce a new comment icon... a toilet - massive potential for use!

8. Nosher

Atari UK urinals

Not quite the same, but according to Personal Computer World's editor David Tebbutt in 1982, Atari UK's headquarters' gents toilets had Apple's logo "right where you aim"

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon