back to article SAP forces customers onto premium support package

SAP is forcing users to migrate to its top level support program, and charging them an additional 5 per cent of their license maintenance fees a year for the privilege. SAP launched its Enterprise Support Offering in May, making it the default for new customers. The ESO scheme costs customers 22 per cent of their licence fees …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Question

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't SAP offer more of a solutions package than it does a particular product?

2. Joe K
    Coat

Not a surprise

When you commit to SAP, you have to get used to the idea of being butt-raped, frustrated, and treated like a little bitch at every opportunity.

The company is like a pre-antitrust Microsoft, without the whimsy.

3. Tony

@ AC

"... doesn't SAP offer more of a solutions package than it does a particular product"

It depends on your viewpoint.

The consultants will all tell you that it is a "solution" rather than a product - but I would describe it as a product that offers potential solutions. It can give you certain benefits, but they are not definite - and whatever it is, you WILL pay for it.

I think that we can now change the old adage: there are only 3 things in life that are guaranteed; Death, Taxes, and that a SAP implementation will cost a lot more money than they tell you (and take longer!).

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SAP thinks I'm a "LIAR"

Well, that's what the software told me on several occasions.

SAP seems to mean "Unintelligible error codes", so I suppose if they intend to make that worse, the customers are going to need the 'extra' support.

I'm still confused as to why so many companies choose SAP, especially after the Levi debacle.

5. kain preacher

Definations

SAP

Sad And Pathetic

You are a SAP

.sap

A fool; someone who is prone to being taken advantage of, or who has been taken advantage of, usually in a situation that is easily perceived by others as foolhardy.

SAP

A commercially sold Enterprise Resource Planning system integrating most business functions into a single meta-program.

SAP is so complicated that for most businesses it's like driving a drywall nail with a B52.

Hmmm which would would you pick

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=sap

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yet again......

Another example of SAP about-turn from a previous position. Increased fees, charge your customers re-licensing fees for upgrades and change your product road map......... then expect the market to trust you....... who do they think they are kidding.

7. Tony
    Alien

@ AC

"I'm still confused as to why so many companies choose SAP, especially after the Levi debacle"

Simple: the people that make the decisions to buy it are not the ones that have to implement it - they believe that it is just sufficient for them to say "get this installed" for it to happen. Generally, they have a limited understanding of technology and are quite happy to believe the promises of the sales people, whilst ignoring the warnings of their own people.

It is a common human frailty - how people do you know that have told you that a "man down the pub" told them it was perfectly simple to do "X" which you know is neither simple, cheap or wise?

This topic is closed for new posts.