back to article EMC adds Mozy lifesaver to Iomega drives

EMC is rolling together two of its recent acquisitions into a storage bundle that combines both local and remote data backup. Iomega external hard drive customers can today download a software package that combines EMC Retrospect Express backup with the Mozy online backup service. Customers who purchase an Iomega external …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Laurent Somers
    Paris Hilton

Er, those without the IOMega drive and Retrospect can get it gratis, too

http://mozy.com/home

Free 2 gigs for home use. Quite handy, actually. I'd feel a bit sheepish if I'd buy the drive based on those factors only to find half of the bundle is free for anyone, no purchase required.

Paris, because, this sounds a wee stupid.

2. Unlimited

2 gigs

might as well be nothing. how much of your music / photo collection can you back up on that?

3. Ash
    Happy

@Unlimited

Good point.

Another one is "How many personal documents can you store in a 2GB TrueCrypt file-volume when you take your laptop across the US border?"

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Happy Mozy User

The $4.95 a month is per computer with unlimited space - we cover my and my wifes computers for two years for about £120. That'll do nicely.

They can also post the data back to you on DVD if you lose lots/the site. So, for the small amount of dosh, er, I can back up all of my music/photo collection and unlike out terribly convenient Time Machine backups, these ones don't get lost in the case of a house fire.

Cheers

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mozy

I use Mozy's unlimited service already, its $4.95 for everyone. I have just over 100gb backed up there, and it's been nothing but brilliant. Extremely useful, peace of mine for just over £2 a month, offsite secure backup. It runs at 1am every day and uploads any changes I made the previous day to my backed up folders. Perfect.

6. Law
    Paris Hilton

free 2gb anyway

but its free 2gb anyway, without iomegas software - just look at the mozy website!!

Signing up to unlimited today, used em before, but didn't used to have mac support so was relying on timemachine for local backup. Noticed their mac version today so signing back up!!!! :)

7. Shell
    Thumb Up

Unlimited

I also use Mozy's excellent unlimited service (circa £100 for 2 years sub) to backup my Macs at home. Like most folks I'm lazy about backups, but Mozy takes all the thinking away from it. My backups are running to around 200Gb... that would be heck of a lot of DVDRs! I feel a lot happier having off-site backups too.

I just hope EMC aren't tempted to start bloating the Mozy agent with "features"...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like