1. Antonymous Coward
    FAIL

Reg forums TITSUP?

Anyone else experiencing a completely b0rked Reg? Posts disappearing, votes not registering, etc?

Coincidentally(?) the Vulture seems to have flown to a new nest in the tropical cloudfronts of Costa Rica (190.93.254.21 and 190.93.255.21 here)

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yup

Response yesterday was crap and I got errors logging in. One post last night failed to appear.

Today, only one of three has appeared, and then after a long-enough wait that I was beginning to think that I had transgressed somehow and was being pre-moderated.

Of course, you may not see this response due to the problems ...

... Ah, they've appeared at last.

4. Marco Fontani

We got a weird cascade issue due to _one_ bad post and our error handler didn't put the message aside & continue processing the other messages, deciding to die instead.

So every few mins it got restarted again, maybe processed a few messages/upvotes, certainly encountered the deadly one and died again.

I'm now naming it Marvin.

5. Antonymous Coward
    Pint

Well at least it's not me!

Thanks chaps. It's always a relief when it's someone else's problem - and not your end turning putrid - I hate that.

Was Marvin Marvinned by a malformed splaff from 1980s_coder's Acme splaffer perchance??? Not pointing any fingers of course. (It was HIM ^^^^)

1. Antonymous Coward
        Black Helicopters

Re: Well at least it's not me!

Oh, boring! :(

Wonder if the "leap second" shenanigans are implicated then... timing looks suspicious.

Shirley there's a decent conspiracy lurking somewhere in this?

1. Marco Fontani

Re: Well at least it's not me!

I so *love* the smell of conspiracy in the evening! Mwhawhawha

6. Mark 85

The delay bug seems to be back....

1. Marco Fontani

Damn, I really thought that scheduling this stuff out of hours would've helped!

But no, there's *always* a commentard (or two) lying in wait! ;)

7. Mark 85
    Devil

Indeed we are. The Aussies should have coming on around the time things when this latest hit. But hey.. have an upvote. You're busting your butt, obviously.

8. Antonymous Coward
    FAIL

Borked again Reg?

Seems like 1/2 ah hour of TITSUP, so far this morning, at mason Reg. Unfortunate timing on this occasion too.

Any idea what the problem is chaps? This appalling reliability smells like "cloud" to me... I don't remember this sort of crap happening in the good old days.

1. Dan 55 Silver badge

Re: Borked again Reg?

In my case, everything is going through moderation. I'm not sure why, my drivel^Woutput doesn't seem worse than usual.

2. Marco Fontani

A deploy was under way, and forums processing was disabled while it runs.

1. Antonymous Coward

Ah! Thanks for the explanation.

Was 08GMT the best time to do it? Shirley a couple of hours earlier is the quietest time?

Couldn't you have put up a wee notice somewhere to warn us?

1. Marco Fontani

The downtime was at ~7am GMT but a small bug (hiccough) meant that forum processing started again closer to 8am GMT than the 7:15 GMT when I thought I was "done" with the changes.

A couple of hours earlier I was in Morpheus' gentle arms, and I wouldn't do any kind of software deploy before I've consumed enough coffee :^)

1. Antonymous Coward
            Pint

Christ alive! Haven't seen hiccough spelled correctly for a while... and Reg would be the last place I'd have expected to find one. If only you could successfully derive a noun from a verb, I'd suggest a job exchange with the editorial team.

Cheers Marco.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon