back to article Sony will fix PS3s bricked by 2.40 update

Sony claims that only a “limited number" of PS3 owners were affected by the infamous v2.40 firmware, but Sony has said it'll replace any console hardware that was nuked by the update. The company told a number of websites that it’s working with “impacted PS3 users” to determine if their consoles were damaged as a result of " …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

How many PS3's were ACTUALLY affected..

Seems James Sherwood knows, by the implication Sony is lying..

"Sony claims that only a “limited number" of PlayStation 3 owners were affected by the infamous version 2.40 firmware"

Why the "claims"?????, and why infamous? It's only infamous, because stupid Xbox fanboys were dragging it up. You would think they would have enough problems to deal with, what with RROD, disc scratching and 360 bricking dashboard updates (proper bricking too....)

2. Graham Lockley

@AC

Stop frothing for gods sake, the number of comments on this article should give you a guide as to how many people actually give a sh*t.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@AC

"It's only infamous, because stupid Xbox fanboys were dragging it up."

Like PS3 fanboys keep dragging up RROD issues?

Quid pro quo

4. Mark
    Gates Horns

Mine is fine

I love my PS3 it works no matter what.

Like me, and my mum.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

RROD vs Firmware 2.40

At least 2.4 is solveable.. So different in severity, and not similar.

Only last week my Elite blew... I was on the fene with all this nonsense, but now I'm annoyed that a box that is supposed to be sorted for RROD has decided to give up...

NOT impressed...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like