back to article Qualcomm proposes brain implants for IP cameras

If you take the vision stuff at face value, the latest company to announce its vision of hell on Earth is Qualcomm, which some of the more breathless of the tech press reckons wants to create the “conscious” camera. Well, it's a little shy of consciousness, thank heavens. What the chip-shipper has announced is an IP camera …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

SCORPION STARE

Sounds like Qualcom are getting ready to weaponize CCTV cameras into basilisk guns.

1. Dave 126 Silver badge

Re: SCORPION STARE

You're right - drone guns coming soon. Maybe some use for shooting rabbits (not people) if you are a pest-controller.

Reminded me of this starfish-hunting robot being trailed on Australian coral reefs: http://news.discovery.com/tech/robotics/starfish-killing-robot-to-rescue-great-barrier-reef-150903.htm

2. Omgwtfbbqtime
    Gimp

Hackkkkker?

Excellent system shock reference!

3. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

If this isn't implemented properly (default passwords, anyone) it just provides a new vuln to go for.

On the plus side it's worth the effort stealing CCTV cameras again. And it gives any vandals more expensive kit to smash!

4. Suricou Raven

So, how many cameras does it take to mine bitcoin?

5. LeftyX

Qualcomm has just recently "partnered" with FPGA-maker Xilinx, which could provide the horsepower to implement some of these capabilities in hardware.

6. Anonymaus Cowark

Let me be the first to welcome our new eyeborg overlords.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon