back to article Broadcom lowers cone of silence over results

Broadcom has pleased investors, turning in Q3 financials that saw its profit rise in the face of falling revenue. After a tough couple of years which, among other things, saw it exit the cellular baseband modem market, and with investors unhappy at the US$37 billion Avago takeover of the company, the results were welcomed, …

1. Chairo
    Thumb Down

Why do I get this strange, unsure feeling, whenever I hear the word "Broadcom"? Probably because I never knew if my wireless connection will still work after the next update, or not. At least on Linux.

I spent so much time to get things back to working conditions, thanks to them.

Nowadays I just avoid any product with that label. Incidentally I didn't have any driver problems ever since.

1. Tom Samplonius

"...I never knew if my wireless connection will still work after the next update, or not. At least on Linux."

Maybe you shouldn't be using a crap distro that puts out untested updates? Because I've never had a problem with Broadcom wired or wireless. For Ethernet NICs, your only choice these days is Intel or Broadcom.

2. allthecoolshortnamesweretaken

Mis-read that as cone of shame first - but maybe that's not so far off the mark afer all.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon