back to article Yoof forum eats schoolkids, spits out ID card robodroids

The Home Office ID card yoof discussion forum has banned users "David Blunkett" and "Jacqui Smith" along with other "inappropriate" comedy logins, while laying a trail of positive comments from shadowy, spookily robotic "students". Elsewhere in the forum the barracking has intensified since the site's wobbly launch earlier this …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Nomen Publicus
    Thumb Down

Spin on this!

Is there no low propaganda trick that this government will not stoop to use?

Their every move just confirms that there is no merit in their fairyland ID card scam.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

It's just not funny any more . . .

Seriously, I've gone through disbelief, anger, amusement, ROTFLMAO and now I just want it to STOP!!!!!

My pills, please, Jeeves.

3. Sean Aaron

I got a good response ...

I sent in a mail a day or two before the ending of the public commentary on the ID card "notion" asking why we couldn't just use passports and issue one of those to everybody, etc. and that this was a big waste of money, blah blah blah.

I was very enouraged to get back a generic response telling me what a great idea it was, which didn't address any of my questions whatsoever and looked like it could have been written two years ago.

I feel greatly relieved that the trials are going forward and we are definitely in safe hands...

4. Luther Blissett
    Joke

Interesting parallels

With the way the CIA used local media to "assist" various east European "color revolutions", by inflating the hyperreal presence of an opposition on the verge of political breakthrough. We shall know if this is an accident or an imitation if a Shooters Hill Mob pops up and starts inciting people on the street in favour of ID cards. In the meantime, let's rehearse some WC Fields jokes. My favourite is

"I don't drink water - fish fuck in it".

5. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Fscking genuis

http://mylifemyid.org/node/342

Is thread for organising a anonymous silent anti-ID march around parliament on 5th Nov 2008. And being organised on a government run pro ID website.

The British people, You've got to love 'em

6. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

el Gordo is posting too

http://mylifemyid.org/node/280?page=1

anon - cos we don't need no ID cards

7. Dale

Barracking

Initially I thought "barracking" had something to do with American politics, and that I had missed the Reg article introducing the new word, but then I looked it up at http://www.thefreedictionary.com and it turns out it's an honest-to-goodness real word:

Noun 1. barracking - shouting to interrupt a speech with which you disagree

Nice.

8. Stef
    Black Helicopters

Thoughtcrime detected.

Thoughtcrime detected.

Thoughtcrime detected.

Thoughtcrime detected.

Thoughtcrime detected.

Thoughtcrime detected.

9. Mike Crawshaw
    Black Helicopters

@ Nomen Publicus

"Is there no low propaganda trick that this government will not stoop to use?"

I'm sure that there are some. Those that require *any* element of competence, for example.

10. Vaughan

Hoist by their own petard?

"...right down to erasing their identities and giving them numbers instead."

11. Mark
    Coat

Re: Barracking

It's also a perfectly cromulent Japanese word. As in "I give you a right barracking when we get home".

12. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

They are also planning to pass.....

all the ID information obtained from ID Cards to the US authorities, who have promised not to lose it or misuse it !!!. Yeh right.

I would not trust this Government or any Labour politician again, and what really puzzles me is how to such dorks like Hazel Blears, Jacqui Smith et al actually manage to get in a position in which rule the Country ?. If they were in normal life I guess they would find it hard to maintain a job a secretaries let alone have any responsibility.

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

anonymous

"Anons" protesting concept is a pretty good one, becouse it was based on a good idea, which in turn was based on a foundation of good ideas.

Civil disobediance, bravery in the face of oppression, peacful protest.

In the end if a million people ignore the law to and march on parliment, what will the government do to maintain power?

14. Vulch
    Black Helicopters

Re: Barracking

It's like heckling but with the volume turned up to 11.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

keep up the pressure

By doing nothing we are allowing this invasive, pointless, waste of money to further erode our civil liberties by having this system forced upon us.

And as for trying to organise demonstrations on a government sponsored site, what a classic idea. Love it!

16. DMG
    Pirate

Thoughtcrime detected @ Stef

Hahaha.

/ Laughing because if I don't I will cry about the reality. ;__;

17. Philip Stott

Full frontal lobotomy

Coz that's what'll happen!

Just had a look at the site in question, and I don't think the yoof are fooling for it.

Rather it seems like an ad for NO2ID

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Labour will lose the next election

Well again it shows you the same thing.

People who are AGAINST the id scheme care enough to register, voice opinion and will vote them out of office.

People who are FOR the id scheme don't care enough to register, unless Jacqui comes to their school flashes her cleavage and primes them with a speech and makes them comment.

You back benchers, look to your left and your right. Only one of you 3 will have a job in 2 years time. If you don't knife this lot you'll be out of office for 12 -16 years, effectively unelectable, unemployable, and hated. Care to look for a job in the current climate? See the comments, these people will be sitting across from you in the interview table. The middle aged women who live alone and hide behind their curtains frightened of the world (you know the people you've been making laws to pander to), they are not big employers.

19. Ted Bovis
    Stop

I'm confused

I've had my account (Ted Bovis) deleted on there without any explanation. As all the other deletees appear to be Home Secretaries or Prime Ministers, I can only assume Ted Bovis is pulling the strings at the Home Office.

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A million isn't enough.

"...if a million people ignore the law to and march on parliment, what will the government do to maintain power?..."

They'll say that a million people is only 1.4% of the population and mustn't be allowed to dictate policy in a democratic system where a minority voted for ID cards by default cos they happened to be a Labour manifesto pledge (along with umpty other things that people actually *did* want).

Then they'll ignore the protests, just like they did over the invasion of Iraq. And they'll use the full force of the Establishment to prosecute everyone who has resisted the ID card and trump up extra charges and accusations that will ruin their lives. Or at least they'll prosecute a handful and intimidate the rest.

Vote them out. It's the only way to even have a chance of stopping this.

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Ted Bovis

your Life, your Id, until we decide otherwise

22. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@A million isn't enough.

It will be too late to vote them out.

A million people poncing around in a park can't make a difference no.

23. simon ellis
    Stop

huh, and you can't even copmplain about posts.

Just tried flagging a thread as offesive, on the grounds that the poster (moderator) is not only over age for the forum, but plainly trying to spin some positive answers out of people, and received an 'Access Denied' response when submitting the flag.

Bet if I were to click 'I agree' THAT would work. (Not gonna try it, no doubt i'd be marked as a Pro ID user)

24. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

@AC ref voting them out

I'm not holding my breath that David Cameron won't bring in ID cards at some point in the future.

These days, replacing the dimwits in charge of the country is just no more than changing the colour of the paint.

25. Steve

How can they verify ID if they can't verify age?

If you try and register it asks you you're age. I put in 30 and it told me that they only needed people under 25 for their survey so I pressed 'back', changed the age to 23 and the site believed me.

I sometimes wonder if they do this stuff deliberately so that they can claim hackers distorted the results if it doesn't go their way. If they put as much effort into running the country as they do into plotting and scheming about how to keep power, they probably wouldn't be having so much trouble.

26. Gavin Meredith

Access denied :(

After reading through the site, I decided to sign up to the site as I noticed the moderators posting a bit but I have yet to see any of them provide their own views on the scheme (And I mean their own not the govts!).

So I wanted to make a thread to ask for them to come forward but I tried to log in and now if when I go to the site mylifemyid.org i get access denied :(

27. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

I think it was around 1994

That the Conservatives floated an idea to introduce ID cards. They also said that there was a beer and fags mentality among the unemployed. Labour MP's jumped up and down saying Noooooooooooooo! It's not true. Fast forward to 2008... Innit strange how things change? The so called "Class War" is killing free thought in all areas of life.

One other thing... Shooters Hill college? What do they teach there?

28. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

All your Usernames are belong to us...

Yeah, because there's only one "Smith" family, isn't there? And nobody else ever called their daughter Jacqui, did they?

(The) David Blunkett could easily have posted on the forum - shame on you readers who forget that Technology can solve any problem - text readers and speech input *do* work occasionally you know!). Or was it his comments they took exception to, rather than the name?

(And as for you, Ted Bovis - well, that must be a false name. Who would ever call their offspring after a cuddly toy? Next you'll be suggesting someone would name their daughter after their favourite holiday layover... oo-er missus)

29. Wayland Sothcott
    Dead Vulture

mylifemyid - Invalid Account

Dear Sir/Madam,

You account for mylifemyid has been removed. This is due to you not meeting the requirements to be a member of the site (you have stated your age as 43).

You are not allowed to register a new account, if you do so your IP address may be blocked preventing you from viewing the site.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Best regards,

Jim

Mylifemyid.org

e/ help@mylifemyid.org

30. Wayland Sothcott
    Pirate

World 2.0 from Virtual Surveys

"All our staff are comfortable with the 2.0 world and our Research 2.0 experts know how to balance prompting, motivating, and leading the discourse on the one hand, and on the other hand ceding control to consumers to facilitate co-creation, collaboration, and innovation."

From this page, what are they on about, New World Order (NWO)?

http://www.virtualsurveys.com/about/team/

Is this version 2 of the world here now or is it still in beta?

Very odd, don't you think?

31. marmalade
    Black Helicopters

@Steve

You lied about your age to gain entry to a yoof web forum?

Doesn't that qualify you a sex offender under the terms of the Noncing Act 2008?

Oh dear, we're already there...

32. Wayland Sothcott
    Pirate

World 2.0 from Virtual Surveys

"All our staff are comfortable with the 2.0 world and our Research 2.0 experts know how to balance prompting, motivating, and leading the discourse on the one hand, and on the other hand ceding control to consumers to facilitate co-creation, collaboration, and innovation."

From this page, what are they on about, New World Order (NWO)?

http://www.virtualsurveys.com/about/team/

Is this version 2 of the world here now or is it still in beta?

Very odd, don't you think?

33. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

(untitled) because 'a title is required'

The government tries to coerce the country's youth into accepting a system of control, and yet opposing views are serially censored and locked out. Democracy is a nice idea that is thrown about by thieves to curtain their intentions. This is just a sign that your worst nightmares are about to come true, and there's no way you can stop it. The people with influence have decided what they want. They'll do whatever it takes to get it.

Parents need to learn about what is happening. They need to take an active part in the future of your society. Your children are being corralled into a world which will be hostile and dangerous to the freedoms we still have left. The only hope for those freedoms is that the government will never get their machines working. But the day they invest in adequate technology, efficient networks and highly trained staff, you can kiss your last few freedoms goodbye.

Anonymity does not exist. Voices will not be heard. Reason will not prevail without action. Yet we are too busy worrying about paying our bills to effectively tackle the long-term problems of our society. Bills still need to be paid to make everything work, but how we do things needs to change.

Well, unless you're perfectly happy with everything, tell your elected representatives what you think. They already know, but unless you keep repeating it, you'll never be heard.

34. Nat C.
    Dead Vulture

And here I thought we Yanks were supposed ta be stoopid...

Are you really surprised that the moderators of this pro-ID youth forum are indiscriminately banning people who happen to have the same names as politicians like David Blunkett and Jacqui Smith (and the odd Ted Bovis)?

OF COURSE they're screwing up and not checking people's names, ages or locations or anything of the sort BECAUSE...

"We wouldn't have this problem of people lying about their identity on the Internet if THEY ALL HAD TO REGISTER WITH THEIR ID NUMBER!!!"

How did you all miss that one?

/Dead Vulture for obvious freedom-related reasons

35. Mark
    Stop

Remember, Remember the 5th of November

'In the end if a million people ignore the law to and march on parliment, what will the government do to maintain power?'....

'New CRB regs produce a nation of suspects'...

'thoughtcrime detected'...

Sounds like a plot from a movie about a dystopian future, ruled by an orwellian dictatorship. That was just fiction and could never happen, could it?

36. The Other Steve
    Unhappy

@AC w/r/t to protest

"In the end if a million people ignore the law to and march on parliament, what will the government do to maintain power?"

Deploy met riot squads in force and use tear gas, baton charges, horses and water cannon to disperse the protest. Hell, with a crowd that size, Met commissioner Sir Ian 'Stalin was a big softie' Blair will no doubt be able to obtain the authority to fire plastic bullets into the fray. It will the happiest day of his life.

Then Whitehall will be sealed off behind a ring of tanks and armed bastards for the next quarter century to prevent such a thing happening again.

I'm surprised you even thought the question was worth asking, really.

37. Robert Moore
    Coat

@Mark

The ONLY thing Orwell got wrong was the year.

38. Alan Fisher
    Flame

Doesn't matter who you vote for anymore

Tories...Labour..Lib Dems...it won't matter who you vote for, we'll get the same crowd no matter what...like Tony Blair seemed like the best thing since a ground wheat-based baked snack product was server in equally sized pieces, Cameron, if voted for will disappoint. It's the death of party politics of course, vote for the others because anything is better than this lot (which i agree with by the way) but then we'll find out Cameron is just like Blair was, all smiles and false promises but the same agenda....

I've left already, I encourage others to do the same, ideally to somewhere sunny!

39. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Wots it for?

It is not the ID card per se that is the issue, it is the day-to-day use that will be made of it, and on this the government is silent. For example, which of these transactions will require an ID card to be shown, and who will it have to be shown to? - A visit to your GP, a visit to A&E, a visit to a pharmacy to collect prescribed drugs, a visit to a benefit office, a visit to a bank, when you pay your rates, when your refuse bin is emptied, when you pay the congestion charge, when you pay for a parking space, when you enter a school, when you collect your child from nursery....there are many many more! Just look at the (mis) use of the RIPA legislation by local authorities for an example of function creep.

40. Scott

Tech Savy

As people mention, this IS the web site if your a UK techie (hi to our over seas readers as well) and this gov. propoganda site is modrated by people that must be tech savy so they should be reading this....

Come on don't be shy put you avatar up so we can see you....

41. Ted Bovis
    Unhappy

four oh three

Gosh

'Sorry, [IP address] has been banned', says FF3 on trying to access mylifemyid.org. I think they're trying to end our beautiful relationship without telling me. Best log on and find out why.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like