back to article Three mobile data network GOES TITSUP across Blighty

Three UK is battling what appears to be a major outage affecting its mobile network. The company has been quietly fielding hundreds of messages via micro-blurt website Twitter, which seems to suggest that the disruption is widespread. @ThreeUK what's going on with the mobile data? Down yet again 😬 — james edwards (@ …

1. Ryleh

Best thing is on three website, no problems with service recorded in last 30s (puts tinfoil hat on!)

1. Stuart 22

"Best thing is on three website, no problems with service recorded in last 30s (puts tinfoil hat on!)"

The monitoring/updating system relies on ConnectBot? Oooops!

2. Badvok
    Happy

I know it's no use to anyone who is having issues, but it's all good for me :D, my mobile p̶o̶r̶n̶data is being delivered just fine.

1. GregC

It was FUBAR for me earlier on today, but appears to be back working here. Though as I'm at work I won't be testing the pr0n aspect just now ;)

2. Pax681

same here bud! all is well here in Edinburgh , been out and about and had no probs connecting at all.

This surprised me to be honest.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Down in newcastle as well as the signal going to zero (circle with a line through it) on android.

good job I have a mifi as a backup, problem solved!

1. TechnoTechno

Same here, East End

4. Dazzz

Only had 1 noticeable failure to connect this morning in the north of england

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To avoid bill shock Three have introduced new technology in making sure customers do not exceed their data limits.

1. Triggerfish

Fine here, 4G at full power, emley moor mast being on a hill opposite probably helps. :)

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Doesn't seem to be a national problem

As per the title, calls and data are working OK in the south..... At least at the moment!

1. Dave Fox
      Joke

Re: Doesn't seem to be a national problem

Surely the people in the North of the country communicate by carrier pigeon, so it's not a problem at all anyway? ;)

1. Alister

Surely the people in the North of the country communicate by carrier pigeon,

Don't be daft, we use pigeons for racing...

1. Tony S

At least you don't eat them...

7. Vimes

Their statement seems to have been copied and pasted from what they've been saying ad nauseam through their twitter account all morning...

8. Thecowking

Another report

In Cambridge today it looks like it was out for an hour or so, I had data on the train in to the office, lost it during my stand up and tea break, but it's back now.

9. Fibbles

I'm in Birmingham today. Data in Edgbaston is titsup but the Jewellery Quarter seems to be ok.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

working as of now in glasgow

11. hplasm
    Coat

Storm

in a Threecup?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fine for me in Sussex

and . . . . . . . WILL YA LOOK AT THE TITS ON THAT

13. TheFinn

Had problems, restarted phone, all better.

14. Dan 55 Silver badge
    Joke

We would like to remind customers that we are transitioning O2's data network to Three's network...

... and that O2 customers don't complain, they're grateful for a signal.

15. Keith Langmead

Issues in Devon

It's been down most of this morning, though a colleague has seen his phone reconnect and then drop off again for data so may not be 100% dead. Having to rely on wifi like some kind of savage... this must be what it's like to be one of those people on the lessor networks, where poor comms is the norm!

16. Nathan 13

Still down

NW6, cannot make a call or use data since about 7am.

17. Paul 87

Been down here near Hemel Hempstead since 9am. Have seen some comments where peolle have been told it'll be at least 4 hours to restore so bets on it being bad DNS / ipv6 deployment?

1. Roland6 Silver badge
      Joke

> ipv6 deployment

Wishful thinking, more likely the 'upgrade' of IPv6 capable kit with IPv4 only kit...

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fine here since 09:30

Was down for about 30 minutes this morning, but been fine since.

19. DaddyHoggy

Tagged teamed today

So Three UK managed to bork my 3G connectivity which means I couldn't check on the status of my Vermin Mediocre Broadband which was also borked this morning...

Both back up now.

I presume that's just coincidence that both went down and came back up at almost exactly the same time (at least in the Newbury area).

20. Cripes Chief!
    Joke

Gutted

I was running a speed test during my lunch hour and it kept falling over at 50 meg download, how can a person peruse tinternet at those speeds. Shameless

21. GregC
    Unhappy

Aaaand it's gone again...

As title - it seems to have gone back down

22. MachDiamond Silver badge

Wow, there's world outside.

Pedestrian accident rates drop dramatically as data outage continues and people start to notice high speed traffic in their path.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like