back to article Patch NOW: VMware vCenter, ESXi can be pwned via your network

VMware is urging users of its vCenter Server and ESXi software to install its latest patches to plug vulnerabilities that can allow remote-code execution and denial of service. The vCenter flaw was first spotted by Doug McLeod of Edinburgh-based security consultancy 7 Elements toward the beginning of the year, and the …

1. BillyIdol
    WTF?

Oh Dear

VMWare really are taking the Microsoft approach to QA recently. At what point did they not test something as fundamental as deleting a snapshot...? Consolidating VMs is a cornerstone of VMWare and yet they managed to mess that up.

Last year ESX 6.0 was having CBT corruption issues too, rather than vendors, and I'm including all of them, even Linux Distros, pushing out shiny new features, they ought to put at least some effort into regression testing and basic functionality between versions.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Oh Dear

Not disagreeing with your post in any way, but I do think you might come across as more authoritative if you spelled the company name correctly. :) #snark

2. Just a geek
    Thumb Down

They really are. I understand that flaws will be found but patching the hosts requires a reboot. To move all the VM's and apply the patches requires a bunch of co-ordinated work and change requests.

Sigh.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like