back to article 'Hey Siri, it's Obama, what should we do about Iran?'

Apple has tried to make a revamped Siri the star of its next version of iOS, even going so far as to name this week's monster product unveiling after its digital assistant. But it seems Siri has her eyes on an even bigger stage than either the iPhone or Apple TV: the White House. During a Thursday press briefing by Obama …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

Leave your browser running

Click on the link provided at the end of the article and leave your browser running for a while (say whilst you go outside for a fag)

Came back and found Youtube running a vid about women whittering on about masterbating. Quite glad I had the sound off on my laptop. Wifey may not have understood why I suddenly seemed to have to go off piste whilst watching Big Brother on the box.

Anyway: Siri/OK Google/Cortana - they are all pretty shit. "Where do I work?" (I know that OK Google gets that simple question wrong but can do "show me how to get to work" or similar via maps)

SkyNet is a long way away.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Leave your browser running

The reason why I'm never getting a smart TV. Liability of massive proportions.

2. ratfox
      Happy

"Where do I work?"

Indeed, Google Now answers properly to "Directions to work", but can't answer "Where do I work"…

I'd say the programmers never thought that somebody would ask such a question. There's no good answer for "Who am I" either!

3. phil dude
      Thumb Up

"OK google...navigate to starbucks near highway"...

The key thing is it is looking for certain words...and lollipop actually added examples.

Skynet...if you recall grew exponentially...!

Exponentially nearing objects may appear distant and imminently arrive!!!

P.

4. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

If you're sneaking out for a fag, the masturbation video is probably the least of your wife's problems.

<American guy grabs coat>

2. Mark 85

Hmm... Obama or Siri. It's tough choice on who's smarter.

1. Mark 85

Interesting it is.

I'm not sure if the downvotes are from Democrats who feel I've abused Obama's brain or fanbois who are outraged that I would dare suggest Obama is smarter than Siri or maybe those who feel that Trump should be included in this. Oh well.. it's Saturday and beer-o'clock.

3. Forget It

I suppose this is different from

Asking the Oracle.

Next question Siri: Who killed JFK?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

REDACTED

4. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
    Windows

The Siri refugee crisis

"I'm not sure what you want me to change."

How about some hope?

In time for 9/11: Looks like we are back at "cooked intelligence" and (somewhat earlier) Westmoreland's brazen lies about "everything in Vietnam is going extremely well".

5. Dieter Haussmann

Siri was named thus because it is an homophone of sorry.

1. Sarah Balfour
      FAIL

Eh…?

How the fuck do you pronounce "sorry"…?!

6. Neil Alexander

Flash content. Welp.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like