back to article Human sacrifice. Android Wear syncing with iPhones. Cats and dogs living together. Mass hysteria!

Google has released an app to allow Android Wear smartwatches to sync with Apple iPhones. The Android Wear for iOS app will allow users to pair up their Apple handsets with Android watches. Previously, wearing an Android smartwatch also required owning an Android phone to sync with. Google said that all future Android Wear …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

In other news...

Intelligence listening posts around the world are reporting a sharp increase in legal pencil sharpening noises.

1. Pascal Monett Silver badge

If the protocol is open and publicly documented, I don't see how Google can be sued for using it.

If it is not, then Google has to have made a deal to use it, otherwise it would indeed be legal suicide.

2. saif

One way integration is not integration

Presumably iMessage etc will not be viewed on the android device. Or once you have Facetime and iMessage and iTunes available on Android devices...one presumes there is no consumer need to have an iPhone. One might suspect that Apple's reason for allowing Android devices to connect with iPhones is to showcase how less effective Androidwear is on their iProducts compared with iWear.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Dead chuffed with my Sony (v3) Google Wear watch (paired with Nexus5) - now discounted (perhaps because version 4 is expected soon) to around one third the price of the cheapest Apple watch. Battery lasts over 2 days of fairly active use (Apple claim 18 hours for theirs) and sweat doesn't make the back fall off...

4. PhilipN Silver badge

Cats and dogs ...

Sly nod there to Bill Murray. Thanks!

1. H.I.T.S

Re: Cats and dogs ...

" and you Lenny.... will have saved the lives of millions of registered voters.."

5. Unicornpiss
    Meh

Still waiting for at least a week of battery life

...before buying any Smart Watch. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I really don't need yet another device to remember to charge every couple of days. True, my old wristwatch doesn't do much but tell time and date, but I only need to worry about the battery every 3-5 years and don't think twice about wearing it in the shower or if I bump it on something.

1. James 63

Re: Still waiting for at least a week of battery life

Pebble? Works with both iOS and Android. Get about 5-7 days out of it, with at least a day's warning it's getting sleepy...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like