back to article Nikon unveils mid-range pro-friendly DSLR

Nikon has launched a digital SLR designed to appeal to photgraphers with their eye on its entry-level D300 DSLR but hungry for a few more features, and to those looking for top-end D3 specs, but not willing to pay its price tag. The result is the D700, a mid-range - but still professional quality - DSLR that sits between the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Bronek Kozicki

not $4000 but $3000

this is European taxation for you

2. David Gosnell

Full frame

You forgot to mention it's full frame, one of only a very select handful.

3. Nicholas Butler
    Unhappy

Damn, I just bought the D300

I just bought the D300 for the size compared to the D3 last week. I cant return it cause I bought it at a place without a return policy while on holiday. Damn it all..

4. Bronek Kozicki
    Coat

RE: Full frame

Full frame is just a Canon marketing term. For Nikon that would be "FX", while for me it's just 35mm.

And no, I forgot nothing. Just wanted to point out that price in US for this camera is $3000.

Mine's the one with a couple of Pentax limited lenses in pockets.

5. Alan Watson

D300 "Entry Level"???

Nikon's "entry level" SLRs are the D40 and D60 - the D300 was one from the top, below the D3, until the D700 was announced (and still is if you want to buy one this month).

Now if you are offering to sell one at an entry level price, you have my email address :)

6. David Gosnell

@Bronek, re: Full frame, FX, 35mm

Yes, all different names for the same thing, but doesn't change that this new D700 is one of a very select and noteworthy handful. My original comment wasn't directed at you; I was surprised this wasn't mentioned outright in the article rather than only by allusion to the D3.

This topic is closed for new posts.