back to article Getac E100 rugged UMPC

This UMPC has been specifically designed for use in in the field - conditions where you'd never normally take a laptop. So if you're an engineer, an architect - or perhaps a sniper - this PC's for you. The Getac E100 meets military and ruggedisation standards MIL-STD-810F and IP54, which basically means it's resistant to dust …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Good

for smacking somebody round the head with.

Efros

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Getac girl

Is she dressed in full kevlar body armour, toting an M-16 alongside her shiraz.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

"bright and easily readable"

Hell, I'll buy it for just that alone. I just spent 2 weeks on a motorcycle trip trying to use my Nokia N800 as a GPS, after my laptop died.

There's few things more frustrating than being on the side of the road in an unfamiliar city going "where the f*ck am I?!" and trying to read an almost totally washed out screen. (it was still better than a Tom-Tom, Garmin, et al, in that it used maps downloaded from Google instead of the usual 14-years-out-of-date stuff)

4. Francis Boyle Silver badge

re: Getac girl

Nah, the full body armour'd get in the way of the jumpsuit seductively unzipped to the navel - you've gotta get your media cliche straight.

This topic is closed for new posts.