back to article India reveals plan to fix poverty by doing ANYTHING-as-a-service

India's launched a new “National Policy for Skill Development and Entrepreneurship” that prime minister Shri Narendra Modi hopes will propel the country to become “the world's largest provider of skilled workforce for the world.” The thrust of the new policy is that India's universities delivered in the 1990s, as the rise of …

1. Charles Manning

Isn't this how Bing works?

You enter your search.

A bloke on the other side of the world types it into Google, then CtrlC/CtrlV.

2. Khaptain Silver badge

t. Announcements of the new plan included admissions that India's own economy won't be able to provide sufficient jobs.

I think I can spot a problem here. Last time I looked there was the same problem in most of the occidental countries as well. Or are they hoping to work for the Plutionians...

1. solo

Spot a problem?

I don't think so. Even the most developed economies depend on outsourcing their CEOs to the developing (read 3rd world). Selling milk (with longer expiry date) to Greece anyone?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Curious minds want to know

Does this include graft and nepotism as a service?

4. Christoph

"a new generation of workers with the skills India needs"

Or a least a piece of paper saying they have the skills. The Beeb had an article recently saying that there is massive amounts of cheating on exams.

5. Graham Marsden
    Thumb Down

They've already got...

... Call Centres as a service...

6. TwoWolves

They are currently doing a very good job of exporting their population bubble to the world. No other country has more expats spread around the globe.

7. grthinker

Fighting is NOT optional!

Hey, the guy who does the work is GOING to get ahead. I don't know if the 'initiative' will work, but it's great they're giving it a try! We don't advance without failures.

8. Trevor_Pott Gold badge

India also has big bump in its demographic bell curve, as more than half the population is under 35. That smartphone-toting generation is just the kind of demographic to stir up strife if under-employed.

Part of the problem is to stop having so many goddamned children.

*sigh*

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like