back to article China looks to gobble Micron, acquire its own RAM and flash chipper

A WSJ report says a Chinese government owned chip-maker is bidding $23 billion to buy Micron, the USA's top DRAM and flash manufacturer. The Tsinghua Unigroup is the largest fabless semiconductor business in China. It has a somewhat opaque structure. Think if it as a branch of the Chinese Communist party, run by a party …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A pump and dump story, it will never get sanctioned by the US Gov.

2. Pliny the Whiner

Your place or mine?

All sorts of things can become nonexportable "munitions" in the event of a war, and all forms of memory certainly would be near the top (1. Plutonium; 2. Storage stuff of any sort, including Tupperware; 3. Justin Bieber* etc., etc.). Even so, if the Chinese kept the fabrication plants on American soil, I can't really see a reasonable objection to selling Micron to pretty much anyone who wanted it.

* Bieber is a Canadian, but we got stuck with him somehow, apparently.

1. Medixstiff

Re: Your place or mine?

Bieber is a Canadian, but we got stuck with him somehow, apparently.

Any chance his jet's navigation could be played with and we could have him land in North Korea on his next tour to South Korea?

3. Snapper

Spilling Choker?

You need one installed and you need to practice with it before you post another article.

SPELLING errors in 2015 FFS!

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like