back to article Sophos looks to raise £65m with IPO

Security software outfit Sophos is to imminently float on the London Stock Exchange, a move it estimates will raise $100m (£65m), the company announced today. The Oxford-based biz is thought to be targeting a valuation of £1bn, according to The Sunday Times (subscription required). Richard Holway, analyst at TechMarketView …

1. anothercynic Silver badge

Staff numbers in 2014?

45? Are you sure?

1. Dan Wilkie

Re: Staff numbers in 2014?

Missed a zero there ;)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

45?

I mean.. I've been in their building. It's a fair size. Were they just moving people around the building to make it look busy?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Surely the recent AutoTrader IPO was bigger? Valuation of £2.35billion, with intention to raise £437 million from the float? Or am I missing something...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

...the move will be "the biggest tech IPO in the UK of all time".

4. Ann16

interesting...!!!

"For the year-ended 31 March 2015, Sophos said billings rose by 28 per cent to $476.0 (£309m).

Turnover rose 10 per cent to £128m for 2014, up from £114m in 2013 — according to its Companies House filing. Staff numbers in 2014 were 45.

Operating profit fell from £13m to £10m, mainly due to the acquisition of Acquired Cyberoam Technologies in February 2014."

5. gr00001000

I'll have me some of that

Leading AV supplier including ties with Cisco Ironport and a large Firewall product line, its a good good business.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sophos is to imminently float on the London Stock Exchange

Just like a turd on water.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like