back to article KFC's new secret ingredient is a bluetooth keyboard on your tray

KFC Germany has salted its meal trays with a thin, flexible, Bluetooth keyboard. The “KFC Type Tray” has been used as a giveaway in new KFC stores. Punters can take 'em home and use the thin, rechargeable keyboards for whatever they fancy. The chicken chain's cunning plan, however, is that folks who wander into their …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's obvious you posted while eating.

There were enough typos in the article to choke a chicken.

*Cough*

2. MrDamage Silver badge

Elven herbs and spices?

Fitting, considering most of their chicken makes Dwarf Bread seem like a tasty meal.

1. DrXym

Re: Elven herbs and spices?

I don't eat in KFC much but when I do the predominant "spice" I taste is salt. So much salt that it reminds me why I don't eat there much.

2. P. Lee

Ever seen a fat elf?

I'll bet Galadriel is fruitarian who only eats dead fruit.

No carrots were murdered in the making of this comment.

3. Hud Dunlap
      Coat

When the chain first opened up it was very good. I agree with you on the current state of affairs.

4. Kane
      Thumb Up

...makes Dwarf Bread seem like a tasty meal.

Baked from the finest stone-ground grit, just like mother used to jump up and down on it.

5. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

> Fitting, considering most of their chicken makes Dwarf Bread seem like a tasty meal.

The smell in the resteraunts that leaves you nauseous before you've even eaten anything, the way they have cunningly made the chicken taste like fibreboard arse and the fact that as a feckless student I did a summer working in a chicken processing plant that supplied Unlucky Fried Kitten KFC means I generally wait outside...

3. PleebSmash
    Windows

They might be useful the first time you enter the restaurant, but are you expected to reuse it or clean it somehow?

If they are offering these things at restaurants, how come a slightly better Surface 3 keyboard costs $130?

4. Mark 85

Give the way their chicken usually tastes, the keyboard might be tastier....

5. FozzyBear
    Coffee/keyboard

Given the amount of oil, grease and other crap that oozes from the protein substitute they call chicken a vomit bag and a tray full of napkins would be more appreciated.

1. Kaltern

I like KFC... I don't have it very often, but when I do, I think it's delicious.

I also like a nice piece of fresh sirloin steak made at home. Also I quite like fresh pasta.

6. jake Silver badge

KFConnoisseurs?

I think you mispleled "KFC common sewers".

7. Dave 126 Silver badge
    Coffee/keyboard

Hmm..

Keyboard that doubles as a snack tray... not too bad an idea for a Home Theatre PC setup.

ICON: should be obvious.

8. VascoLSN

English?

Why is all the text in English when it's for Germany?

1. Gannettt

Re: English?

And on a German keyboard the Y and Z keys are swapped over (Z being much more common in German writing than Y). More one-way transatlantic traffic!

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Isn't KFC just deep-fried breaded bones?

That's the impression I got when I last ate it 30 years ago. I'd pay a beggar to go and get me a keyboard if that weren't such a poor trick to play :(

1. Warm Braw

"just"?

When you say "just" you fail to appreciate the years of product development and creative marketing that transform a binful of Fowl McLeftovers into that artful bucket of deep-fried chicken "pieces" so attuned to the palates of countless teenage gourmets.

The more you think about it, the more of an achievement it is.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like