back to article Election? Pah. Here's the REAL question: Who’s the SEXIEST MP?

Forget the tribal allegiances of politics, the truth is the UK's Members of Parliament can't stop checking each other out, with Sexymp.co.uk being one of the most popular sites accessed on the Parliamentary Network. For those unfamiliar with it, the site presents two photos and asks the user "Which MP would you rather have sex …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Childcatcher

"Which MP would you rather have sex with?"

Not the one claiming Alzheimer's.

2. Mark 85

Tried the site....

Took one look and wondered where is the "none of the above" button.... seems the two ladies <ahem> at the bottom of the list came up at the same time.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

racist

Diane Abbott, Rushanara Ali, Valerie Vaz and Chi Onwurah are underrated

1. h4rm0ny

Re: racist

Scientifically, it's been shown that people tend to be attracted to those similar to themself. One study showed that men are more attracted to women who remind them of their mothers (something I'd rather I hadn't known, tbh). Given that most visitors to the site are probably Caucasian, there's probably a bias there. But I expect most would choose Will Smith over Eric Pickles or Zhang Ziyi over Theresa May (who'd probably want to film the event for GCHQ). So I don't think this is too much cause for alarm. So long as it doesn't affect how someone votes it's not a problem.

And if you are voting for your MP based on attractiveness, you might want to have a good think about that..

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: voting for your MP based on attractiveness

Didn't have that issue here, only one woman and she was standing for a party I did not want to vote for,

So voted for the best person for the job!

2. Laura Kerr

Re: racist

"And if you are voting for your MP based on attractiveness, you might want to have a good think about that.."

Er, isn't that exactly what the party spin machines and media circus tried to get us to do?

I'll have to 'fess up to being ever-so-slightly influenced by that myself, as I think Ed Miliband bears an unsettling resemblance to a young Oswald Mosley. That, plus Labour's appalling record on civil liberties, persuaded me to steer well clear.

Didn't make any difference here, though :-(

3. druck Silver badge
        Facepalm

Oedipus complex

h4rm0ny wrote:

One study showed that men are more attracted to women who remind them of their mothers

Well my 19 month old is completely endeavoured with this picture of a little girl on the wall of the dining room - which happens to be mother at the same age, but he refuses to believe it.

1. Teiwaz

Re: Oedipus complex

It's not just men IMO.

I've at least two relatives who married partners similar in personality to their fathers.

4. h4rm0ny
    Gimp

Conservative Majority again.

At the foot of the page, it shows the leaderboard gallery. Conservatives have nine of the top twelve positions for men, and ten of the top twelve places for women.

But they're also Conservatives, so goodness knows what they might be into. :(

1. hammarbtyp
      Gimp

Re: Conservative Majority again.

I think it was P.J O'Rourke who said that the right wing are always more sexy because no-one ever fantasized about woman standing over them with a whip dressed in a liberal uniform

1. Tim Jenkins

Yup; a classic PJ line:

“No one has ever had a fantasy about being tied to a bed and sexually ravished by someone dressed as a liberal”

from one of the collected essays in 'Give War a Chance: Eyewitness Accounts of Mankind's Struggle Against Tyranny, Injustice, and Alcohol-Free Beer'.

By coincidence, my current bedtime reading. Apparently out-of-print, though.

("Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys” also seems apposite ; )

2. MJI Silver badge
      Happy

>>>>so goodness knows what they might be into

I could well imagine on a few of them.

3. Roj Blake Silver badge

---- But they're also Conservatives, so goodness knows what they might be into. :( ----

George Osborne's alleged pecadilloes are quite well documented.

5. MJI Silver badge

Time for jokes.

Ed Balls has been on 33627 times!

1. returnmyjedi

Re: Time for jokes.

Ed Balls.

6. MJI Silver badge

A few thoughts

A smile improves a picture

One of the listed MPs in the mens list is a woman, (wrong flag ticked)

William Hague is quite popular

My MP is quite high (top 150 men)

Some of those featured would be 100x better than Ed Millipede for his ex job.

And I am still trying to work out which of the women would be the most fun.*

Top 20 17 Conservatives!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of the middle ranking ones are much nicer looking than some of the higher ranking. But then long flowing hair or shoulder length normally looks nicer than short hair.

* List your thoughts on this!

7. Stumpy

Why bother trying to select the ONE you'd most like to be with. After all, they're ALL going to try and f*ck us eventually....

1. MJI Silver badge

Actually, they tend to eventually, but they all go into politics wanting to better the world

1. Les Matthew

"but they all go into politics wanting to better the world"

You forgot the joke alert icon.

1. Graham Marsden
          Devil

"To better the world"

Translation: Do what I say, how I say, like everything I like and ban everything I don't. That will make the world better!

2. MJI Silver badge

No they start well meaning then get power hungry.

Eg Blair.

8. Banksy
    Paris Hilton

Mmm, Berger

Sexiest MP has to be Luciana Berger I'd say.

1. MJI Silver badge

Re: Mmm, Berger

I see what you mean.

1. returnmyjedi

Re: Mmm, Berger

If only Wayne Kerr and Mike Hunt (UKIP's losing candidates for Wombwell and Braintree respectively) would have won...

9. Teiwaz

Two questions...

1) Isn't this 'allegedly' how facebook (the movie) started?

2) Isn't this incredibly unprofessional at the very least.

It's also banal and something a load of students spend time doing.

10. jake Silver badge

Gag me with a backhoe.

Enough said.

(Seriously, what kind of idiot lusts after celebretards?)

11. returnmyjedi

It's all a nonsense really, as we all know Grant Shapps would have topped the last had he not had to vote for four different versions of himself. Furthermore, once Chuka Umunna's office get wind of it they'll start upvoting him. He's the British Barak Obama' y'know.

12. Cosmo

Penny Mordaunt FTW

Hell yeah!

1. Oz
      Thumb Up

Re: Penny Mordaunt FTW

Charlotte Leslie in the swimsuit - hubba hubba!

2. MJI Silver badge

Re: Penny Mordaunt FTW

She is one of the ones I was thinking about in a previous message.

13. Tom 38

Data discrepancies

Seems you can be on that site if you were ever an MP, as "Louise Bagshawe" stopped being an MP many years ago.

1. ToddR

Re: Data discrepancies

2 hears ago I think?

14. Jim 59

It should only show the top 20. Listing those rated least attractive is not nice.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

" Listing those rated least attractive is not nice."

Why the sympathy? They're only MPs, it's not like they're dogs, rats or humans.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Meh

It is a bit like rating Dogs as potential partners though - Not A Joke

15. Kubla Cant

"Politics is show business for ugly people" (various attributions)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like