back to article Teenagers prefer mobiles to sex

One in three people would want £1m to give up their mobile, and those aged between 16 and 24 would prefer to give up sex for a month than do without their handset, according to Carphone Warehouse's Mobile Life survey. Mobile Life, a six monthly survey, this time also convinced 24 people to give up their mobile phones for a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Sex in the teenage demographic...

...remains very talked about and little done. Possibly hence the notional potential losing out to the concrete social link.

2. Robert Long

Darwin at work

The scourge if mobile phones could be wiped out in a generation! That's the best news I've heard all year.

3. Nick

Can I swap...

Can I swap my mobile for a months worth of sex?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

not much contest

So teenagers who (certainly judging by my spotty faced teenage years) may or may not be 'getting any' on a regular basis, and when they do are so inexperienced (hopefully) for it to be all that great... so in that case who wouldn't be more willing to give up a month of that rather than their phone.

As for the other findings..... people who have given up their phones being ;-

"more relaxed" - cos people are not calling / texting them 24/7

"more organised" - as they have to plan in advance

hmmm ... no shit sherlock?

5. Mr D

Nick.....

Depends... What type of phone is it ???

<Lol>

6. Gavin

Sex please

sex for my mobile sounds like a good deal, where do i call?

;-)

7. Joel

Nick...

Pay as you Go?

8. Robert Ramsay

Joel...

Pay as you Come, surely?

...I'll get me coat...

9. Chris

Hrm

Now if we asked them, would you give up a mobile phone forever in order to have sex, assuming you never have sex if you keep the mobile phone............

I think the headline would be 'Teenagers prefer sex to mobiles'

Dumb surveys, it's always in the phrasing.

10. kain preacher

Ahem

I want to see the teens that were question. I want to know if they even have a chance of getting laid. Hmmm PS3 or sex

11. Alan Donaly

earth to geeks

I have some news for you guys who never

got any anyway teenagers use those damn

mobile phones to get laid thats what all that

furious texting is about of course so "do without

mobile or sex" more like do without mobile

and sex for those too stupid to know that everything

teenagers like is used to facilitate having sex meeting

partners hooking up thats what it's for isn't it.

pinheads

12. Richard Freeman

Are they Insane ???

I think I would rather give up my Mobile phone than ... well almost anything really in fact F*@#&% it, I have I was not required to carry it for work I think say 2 Seconds in the micro-wave would do it a world of good

13. Josh

At least

At least they aren't getting knocked up and what not if they're talking on their phones.

14. A. Lewis

What a load of old rubbish.

It annoys me how over-written these surveys get. The BBC are usually the worst at analysing ever last detail of a true of false questionnaire that some 'independent' researchers in the pockets of a large company gave out to about three and a half people.

15. Ben Saxon

Alan...

That was either incredibly stupid, or a rather bizarre poem. Or possibly both.

16. Ishkandar

Re. vibrator function

At the very least, you'll NOT get done for bestiality !! You might go blind, though, or so I've been told !!

17. Brian Hall

How about both?

Try iGasm!

gadgetcandy {dotcom} /archives/2007/04/igasm.php

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well, if they wont...

... wear condoms, then this is a rather welcome peice of news. Maybe Durex would sell more stock to teenagers if there product whistled the latest ringtones. Or to borrow from "Whoops apocolypse" Comes in all the latest tunes, and so can you!

Or am I being silly?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like