back to article IBM: We're the reassuringly expensive cloud

Ahead of Amazon.com breaking out results for Amazon Web Services last week, IBM wrote to let us know that not only does it haul in about US$7.7 billion a year with cloud and software-as-a-service but that it does so with “higher-value, higher profit cloud opportunities” rather than “low-end commoditized cloud offerings.” We …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"...it does so with “higher-value, higher profit cloud opportunities” rather than “low-end commoditized cloud offerings.”

Can't lie, I didn't read a word past that. However, I feel that really is the way to go for BigCorp because eventually, just like the internet, "the cloud" will enter every home. Eventually that is, because eventually Time Warner will get around to offering me a sanely priced full duplex 1gb connection (I'll be home-cloud ready by 2054!...can't wait!!!).

2. Bob Vistakin
    Devil

Nothing changes

IBM has always charged 10 times what everyone else does for exactly the same thing. The difference being, it long ago wormed its way into th etop corporations and government so can chum up to them nicely, no matter how nasty their business.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Nothing changes

Yes, because something horrible that IBM was involved in 70 years ago is so relevant to whether you should do business with them today; much more so than any of the good things they have done (like being way ahead of the curve on opposing race, gender, and GLBTQ discrimination). <rolls eyes>

And yes, I know I'll get a ton of reflexive down-votes from people for whom IBM can do no right.

1. Looper
        FAIL

Re: Nothing changes

No, you get the thumbs down, because IBM always were and always will be a bunch of overpaid assholes...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like