back to article LG slaps SIX CORE Snapdragon 808 in LEATHER G4 dog&bone – not overheaty 810

LG has whipped out its latest Android 5.1 smartphone, the G4, and pledged that the handset will burst upon an astonished USA within the next few months. It will be available with a ceramic or real leather backplate. The new smartphone looks remarkably similar to its G3 predecessor. It's got a 5.5-inch QuadHD (1440p, 538dpi) …

1. BillG
    Holmes

Compared to the G3?

If the LG G4 is the same size as the LG G3, then it's a clear upgrade.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Compared to the G3?

Dude I'm telling you that you're jive, but the bring back of the leather case in such a representative jam, well... I dig it!

At least the advertisement is an upgrade!

2. Kurt 4
      Thumb Up

Re: Compared to the G3?

If it runs Windows Phone 10 then it's another clear upgrade.

2. Dave 126 Silver badge

Cancelling my subscription

How come the headline joke was on a 1960s Velvet Underground song when the article was about something called an 808? 1980s Roland synth-pop fans demand to be told etc

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Cancelling my subscription

Apparently they are making the 808 again. Or at least I saw a "new" one at a shop a year ago, not sure about the build quality though. I moved over to a plug-in, however you really, really, rrrrreally can't operate a 808 plug-in like the real thing when you're drunk (In it's end, those were the only times I pulled mine out).

3. juice

As a G3 owner...

I'm not sure this is worth an upgrade!

About the only thing which stands out on the list is the camera - though it'll be interesting to see how well this performs, given that image/video processing is one of the few things out there which can greatly benefit from speedy multi-core CPUs...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like