back to article M2 drops on knee, offers scrip ring for iiNet's hand

A second bidder has entered the competition to acquire Australia's second-largest fixed-line internet service provider iiNet, raising the possibility that initial predator TPG might not have things its own way. The Australian Financial Review reckons the bid was received by iiNet on Friday, and offers shares (but no cash) but …

1. dan1980

TPG or Dodo.

Awesome. (Sarcasm.)

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

As an iiNet shareholder I say great. As a customer I'm trying to figure out how I went from Internode to possibly Dodo.

1. dan1980

Ain't that the truth.

Internode was the best. (At least the best available in NSW.) When they were bought by iiNet, I was a bit disappointed but if it was going to be anyone, iiNet was probably the best.

TPG? Dodo?

Ugh.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

iiNet's "Net Promoter Score" (a customer satisfaction metric popular in the telco industry and elsewhere) is currently in the vicinity of +60.

Any takers on how long it'll take Dodo to push it to -60?

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Since landing in Oz, my ISPs have been Dodo, Bigpond and now TPG.

I'm not going to try to say anything positive about Bigpond or TPG, but seriously - how is Dodo even in business????

1. Myvekk

They are cheap and many people are lazy, or stupid.

5. melts

oh god no

from the useless muppets that brought you commander....

i can't imagine how iinet could survive being bought by m2 long term. i dread dealing with any of our customers who were sneakily promised the world and received the 'commander experience'. random disconnections, clueless operators and stupid and useless 'security' put between anyone with a clue and commander so you can't get any idea what the problem is... woeful all round. if even a fraction of these issues creep into iinet i'd despair, and hope it costs them a large portion of their customer base.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon