back to article Guy Goma, YouTube and the BBC

Meejatarts, as my old friend Rupert calls us, will do almost anything for exposure. We're publicity whores. It's how we earn our daily crust. If you understand this simple truth about the meeja it will help you follow an awful lot about digital rights management which otherwise would be utterly baffling. For example, it will …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Paul M.

Lucky duckies...

I presume Guy Kewney has earned a comfortable living from copyright.

Now he says everyone else must give up the same right, in exchange for the fame lottery. Lucky duckies!

It's nonsense to say that copyright is unenforceable. YouTube is being depleted every day as copyright material disappears.

The problem is copyright enforcement is that the little guy gets screwed - the cost of enforcement favors large corporations, who can hire the lawyers to file the takedown notices.

What hypocrisy.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Get over yourselves

If the copyright isn't valuable enough to you to hire a lawyer, then it's not really costing you money for other people to infringe it, is it? In short, get over yourself. Be flattered if someone wants to use your work and let creativity flourish.

3. Paul M.

We all work for Guy Kewney - for free!

Uh, so the price of labour is now set by lawyers?

Yeah, that will work out nicely!

Copyright is the great leveller - it permits me as a small creative artist to be rewarded for my creativity. It's not much, but it's my right to earn a living, bozo, and don't you forget it.

What you're proposing is that we work for nothing, Why?

Because you "want stuff for free" ? And I'm supposed to be "flattered" by your lazy ass, privileged attention?

Sorry, Anonymous Coward, but you ain't that special. People need to be paid for this stuff.

The world doesn't owe you anything, so get over it.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like