back to article Using Office 365 at work? It's dangerous to go alone! Take this...

Microsoft is adding some security tools, dubbed Advanced Threat Protection, to Office 365 for its business and government subscribers. The utilities will try to curb malware writers and phishers seeking to exploit vulnerabilities via emailed attachments and links. "As hackers around the globe launch increasingly sophisticated …

1. This post has been deleted by its author

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

For the three readers not in the northern hemisphere, 'going live this summer' means 'going live this winter', unfortunately there's no way to avoid this sort of bias and confusion. Other than naming the months or using 'third quarter' but stuff that it would take thought.

1. BenDwire Silver badge
      Pint

Strewth Mate ...

... I thought it was us Poms who were the whingers? Never mind, at least it's sunnier in Oz than it is here in the Northern Hemisphere ... Oh, wait ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2643743

Fair suck of the sav! Have a beer to go with that prawn ....

3. This post has been deleted by its author

4. razorfishsl

They should spend more time on sorting out the crap they are already selling, before adding more functionality.

Biggest mistake we EVER made was using 365 for email.

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge

Biggest mistake we EVER made was using 365 for email.

Explain!

2. Afernie

"Biggest mistake we EVER made was using 365 for email."

Yeah, you can't just dangle that out there and not give us the juicy details! We've been on 365 for a couple of years now, and while there are things that are less than perfect, we've avoided any real train wrecks.

3. Irongut

We've been using O365 since 6 motnhs after it launched and have had no issues. Best decision I ever made was persuading my bosses to switch.

5. JP19

"increasingly sophisticated attacks"

One I got 2 days ago :-

Dear,

We've tried to contact you several times and to this date,

have not heard back from you.

If we do not hear back from you within 24 hours.

Your account will be disable.

Can't say I have noticed an increase in sophistication.

1. Allan George Dyer
      Facepalm

Re: "increasingly sophisticated attacks"

So the new attacks are sophisticated enough for you not to recognise them, perhaps?

Just a thought, just a thought...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Has MSFT, like the antivirus suppliers, got a blackops team writing malware to prove why you need theIr product?

1. Allan George Dyer

No need, the NSA does the job well enough.

7. I am not spartacus

"Sysadmins are also going to get improved reporting tools for security mechanisms with APT.

I think it makes more sense if that's 'ATP', but making sense to me isn't in any way a relevant criterion.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like