back to article Motorola Mobility up before the beak over alleged IP infringment

It’s usually Motorola Mobility which takes companies to court over IP infringements, but the tables were turned this week at the Delaware federal court with Intellectual Ventures flexing its muscles. Intellectual Ventures is a patent portfolio company founded by former Microsoft CTO and occasional chef Nathan Myhrvold, author …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Calling Dr Van Helsing, help needed.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Google is still funding IV?

I thought some companies had stepped away from further funding, at least Apple and Intel passed last year and suggested they would no longer be funding them in the future and instead joining IBM and others in an organization pushing for patent reform to stop trolls like Intellectual Ventures.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I was going to call them intellectual vultures but isn't that the Reg ?

4. Someone Else Silver badge
    Thumb Down

Oh, goody...them again?!?

Intellectual Ventures, the tapeworm of American capitalism. (One of 'em, anyway....)

5. Herby
    Joke

Hard times... Maybe they can...

Lay off the other 80% of the workforce. It would be welcome!!

Unfortunately this is a joke, but I wish it were true! Method patents are a bit silly. I suspect that someone will eventually patent rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time.

1. Voland's right hand Silver badge

Re: Hard times... Maybe they can...

If it has a "technical effect" and passes the originality test it may indeed patentable.

That is what the rules say at present. Anyone with objections - write to your congresscritter/MP/whatever to change them.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon