back to article Obsolete – and IP-baring – Anon tool linked to feminist blog DDoS

A feminist blog hit by a DDoS attack on International Women’s Day has used the attack to its advantage. Amber Gordon, founder of femsplain.com, said although the site is no stranger to Distributed Denial of Service assaults, Sunday's attack differed in being unusually intense. “I think it’s because it’s International Women’s …

1. FF22

Self-victimization

Is your blog running low on visitors? Are you unable to build up some decent search engine ranking? Does nobody care about what you're writing? Are you a self-appointed martyr? Is your blog about self-victimization?

Worry no longer! Here's how you gain the attention, sympathy and money of the fools:

1. Pick a date that fits or is somehow connected to your agenda!

2. Launch a lame DDoS-like attack against your blog/service!

3. Claim you've been DDoS-ed and hacked! Try to get press coverage with links to your blog!

4. Profit!

1. Heff

Re: Self-victimization

If you're applying Occams razor to "are there technologically stupid fedoratards out there with access to LOIC, or is this a Quinnspiracy?" and you're coming up with Qui- I mean, Conspiracy,I think your Fedora is too tight.

Im just saying, maybe back up that really obvious bias you have there, just a little.

2. h4rm0ny
      Facepalm

>>"2. Launch a lame DDoS-like attack against your blog/service!"

Yes, because a feminist blog is not at all likely to attract idiot misogynists - we must look for another explanation!

Btw, LOIC isn't by itself a DDoS attack. It's not a botnet. I.e. to perform a DDoS attack, lots of people have to run it. That's why it was popular in the early days of Anonymous and 4chan - it was lots of people all downloading the software so they could do their part from their own machines. I always knew that I was both a feminist and a l33t hacker, but I never realised the two were causally linked! Clearly there is a conspiracy of feminist script kiddies out there all targetting feminist blogs so we can establish ourselves as "martyrs".

3. Glen 1

Oh dear...

Lets just get this out of the way:

No True Scotsman Feminist hates men.

According to Emma Watson (and the UN), if you are for equality then whether you are male or female (or other), you are a feminist.

No True Scotsman GamerGater hates feminists.

It is right to be concerned about the integrity of people who present themselves as neutral.

Meanwhile...

While people like to draw lines in the sand between "Us" and "Them" they quite often draw them in the wrong place.

There are scumbags who threaten to rape the mutilated corpse of the target of their abuse. There are scumbags who believe that the male 'race' should be put on reservations and be allowed to die out once we have the technology to make babies without sperm. That women should shut up and do as their told, under threat of violence. Who deludedly think that if/when what they percieve as the 'Patriarchy' is replaced then we wont have war anymore.

It is our shame as a collection of societies that it's the most hate filled sets of these voices are oh so much louder than the rest. Shouting past each other, bringing out customised sets of strawmen to undermine what is 'other'.

When one set of scumbags does a particulally effective job? Blame the victim? Wow.

When a victim uses an atack as a rallying cry against the attackers... some how you think thats wrong? That the attack was a false flag op to milk symapthy? Wow.

Please go away.

My personal view on feminism?

Has to pass the hipocracy test.

If obectifying women is demeaning, then objectifying men is demeaning. If a woman lusting after a man is a male power fantacy, then the opposite is true. Otherwise it is not equal by defnintiton.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

'GIRL POWER'

That's whats going to fix this problem.

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like