back to article The Rise of Islamic State, Touch and I Am Radar

El Reg bookworm Mark Diston pores through publishing's latest tomes. Seasoned journo Patrick Cockburn details the fall out of the war on terror. David J. Linden takes us on a tour of one of our lesser-regarded senses and Reif Larsen bewilders with his latest work of fiction. The Rise of Islamic State: ISIS and the New Sunni …

1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Where did ISIS come from?"

I still think Mallory Archer.

1. Donkey Molestor X

Re: "Where did ISIS come from?"

I know that FX is probably scared of the legal ramifications but I can always dream of a quadruple ISIS crossover episode of Archer where Mallory Archer's staff, daesh, the defunct prog-metal band, and the Egyptian goddess all fight over that valuable trademark.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. WalterAlter
    Happy

Death Throes of Adrenaline Mentation

ISIS is the vanguard element of the looming death of reflex dictated cognition due to orders of magnitudes greater resolution in our perceptions of every day reality as a result of our immersion into a tsunami of data intake technologies. Defensive interpretive frameworks based upon animal threat assessment are vaporizing like bugs under a sunny magnifying glass.

The data is finally speaking for itself.

ISIS is the twitching and jerking of the hideous corpse of scarcity survival competition in a land of technological plenty. See ISIS twitch. Twitch ISIS, twitch.

1. Mark 85

Re: Death Throes of Adrenaline Mentation

Ok.. what did you do with amanfrommars???? I would swear this is one of his posts.

1. Anonymous Coward
        Anonymous Coward

amfm1 has been subsumed into the collective destructive consciousness.

2. Duffy Moon

Hi Will Self.

I enjoyed your radio programme on CERN. More like that, please.

3. Peter Simpson 1
      Happy

ISIS is the vanguard element of the looming death of reflex dictated cognition due to orders of magnitudes greater resolution in our perceptions of every day reality as a result of our immersion into a tsunami of data intake technologies.

...and the 2015 prize for the most obtuse run-on sentence is awarded to...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The British Art of Understatement

“People who relate to their opponents largely through snuff movies are unlikely to be in a mood to compromise.”

Is alive and well, I see. :-)

5. Dick Emery

It makes me wonder

It makes me wonder if all the governments are in cahoots making up all these terrorist 'boogiemen' to keep the populace fearful and under control. Tin foil hat? Nah! Mines the one with the lead lined suit!

6. Peter Simpson 1
    Facepalm

One wonders

If things would have gone differently without the "help" of our strong and loyal allies, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia (those two stalwart defenders of the democratic principle)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon

Other stories you might like