back to article Tragedy strikes Vulture News Central but details remain scrambled

A sad day as Vulture News Central loses its lead anchor, Regina Eggbert, in a horrific misunderstanding ... no, I can't go on. I simply can't describe it. You'll have to see for yourself! ® Youtube Video Regina Egbert, El Reg's virtual news anchor

1. DJV Silver badge
    Facepalm

If that's supposed to be funny...

...I didn't get the yolk.

1. poopypants

Re: If that's supposed to be funny...

That was eggscrutiating.

2. Kurt 5

Proof she wasn't up to hard boiled journalism.

1. Phil O'Sophical Silver badge

After 6 months, if she wasn't hardboiled she was already well past her best-by date. Will she be moving to one of those pay-to-view scrambled channels now?

2. chivo243 Silver badge

My best Vincent Price

Eggcellent ending! Muhwahaahhaa

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

You will need to...

...poach a new news reader from somewhere. Shame really, Regina was cracking.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

Not a very good egg - in fact a bit of an oeuf - to have done that. I take it you'll be scrambling to find a new one?

5. Neil Barnes Silver badge

One eggy newsreader may be un oeuf

but surely we deux oeufs two?

6. thomas k.

Sorry ...

Doesn't make up for the awful redesign. Nice try, though.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

Re: Sorry ...

Unless, of course, she was behind it.

2. Cipher
      FAIL

Re: Sorry ...

0 for 2 from where I sit.

7. Hero Protagonist

Finally, definitive proof

The fridge light DOES stay on when you close the door.

8. WalterAlter
    Holmes

You'd have a winner, if...

You did a Clutch Cargo on her mouth.

9. chivo243 Silver badge

@WalterAlter

Classic, Clutch Cargo with his pals Spinner and Paddlefoot, nice reference, have an upvote!

10. Captain DaFt

Sad ending, she was a good egg, but the whole concept wasn't what it was cracked up to be.

11. Flippy

Shell shocked?

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

...This is your brain on El Reg

Any questions?

1. MrT

Re: ...This is your brain on El Reg

Does anybody else feel like a fried egg?!

13. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

A failure to communicate

Reeling from the loss of advertising revenue due to the poorly-received site re-design, ElReg management met to decide how to cut costs.

It was decided that Regina was really rather egspensive and was only re-hatching news that had already been published. So it was decided to let her go.

Unfortunately, one of the less bright Reg staff took that literally, and 'let her go' from 4ft.

14. Yes Me Silver badge

Paradise reggained

Egged on by this story, I looked around a bit, and discovered that if you really liked the old Reggister look, you can get something similar but even simpler by using the current day's archive link, like http://www.theregister.co.uk/Archive/2014/12/20/

Not perfect but better than the continuing disaster of the front page.

1. Geoffrey W

Re: Paradise reggained

Or if you prefer a simplistic, more RSS like look, then try the mobile version of the site:-

http://m.theregister.co.uk/

15. Camilla Smythe
    Mushroom

It would seem Regina has become rather like the site redesign.

Something which has been newly introduced only to become stale and tossed on the floor.... Note the watery white and the burst yolk. You would not wish to break that one into your frying pan along with a couple of rashers.. let alone try for a meringue or soufflé.

Perhaps, having got bored with her, the animator/voice over person might have resorted to a, arguments descend, 3 minute soft boil followed by a precise Dremel, I do not work for the company, trepanation of the brain cavity prior to excavation with toasted and buttered soldiers.

I will not mention the possible distribution of a smearing of Marmite on such scalpels for fear of.. OS Wrath.

Having removed, or eaten out, all of Regina's bodily fluids you can fill her back up again with some of Earth's own earth and a bit of Grass Seed, a Carrot Top or something else a bit more suited to your Vegan needs then leave Her in the Airing Cupboard for a while.

Naturally you will wish to wire up a Raspberry Pi to a couple of low light infra-red cameras and hook them up to the IOT and your NAS box so everyone can become a voyeur but I bet you will still open the door to check.

Then, when she has her new head of grass, you might proudly display her on your windowsill and let her green up....

BUT

You forgot about the other 5 you left in the fridge, along with the left over curry and MOULD and your tin of Coors Light. Oh No.... I am not fooled by your pristine presentation of how you would like us to think the internals of your fridge look like.

I know your Rumba is clagged up with pubic hair and is sentient enough to avoid cleaning under the bed.

The Men In Black are a film. Do not go into the kitchen and open doors because what will escape will not make them, or Ghostbusters, a reality. Burn IT Burn IT NOW!!

This educational message brought to you by 'Duck and Cover'.

16. swampdog

@camile

Not sure what you're on there but it is the weekend. "Tossed & *then* stale", surely? However, it does bring to mind Samantha wrt punctuation, or more precisely capitalization..

Tom helped his uncle Jack off a horse.

17. swampdog

The ad on my screen said..

Detach and Conquer [blah blah blah], sleek 2-in-1 PC.

Bender would be proud.

18. The Vociferous Time Waster

New site design

I work with new technology and I fear change

19. OzBob

So

the intern with the fetish for stop-frame animation has moved on to greener pastures? Meh

20. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rookie

You can tell she was a rookie reporter. A true news veteran would have been hard-boiled.

21. BuckPyland

Well played, sirs.

I am so embarrassed that I fell for this sort of low-brow comedy. I have major egg on my face right now.

22. FrogInABlender

Dous this skit meet with Mr Dobbs's eggspectations ?!

23. b0llchit Silver badge
    Thumb Up

Missing link

You have missed a link: http://reggister.co.uk

It says it cannot find the server. However, it was served and (slomo) replays are all the rage of old times.

24. Trollslayer

Shell be OK

Oops, no she won't.

25. Florida1920
    Childcatcher

A fowl deed

At least she didn't chicken out at the end.

26. btrower

eggsecrable

Master Bait

27. Fink-Nottle

Parts of it were excellent!

28. Ged T
    Meh

So, how much did VC have to...

...shell out to her family in compensation?

p.s. Used the 'Meh' icon, as it seemed the only thing close n' ouef...

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon