back to article Tides of Maritinia: The spy who jumped into a sci-fi water world

When Tides of Maritinia first kicks off, it’s a bumbling-Brit-abroad, Evelyn Waugh-style tale of a stuffed-shirt bureaucrat literally moulded into a secret agent, but it evolves into quite a tragic story of the misdeeds of war and one man’s struggle to find his moral compass. Jakob Bryce is the lead for Warren Hammond’s first …

1. AJames

I thought those photos looked familiar

For a moment I wondered if the book had already been made into a movie. :)

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

The unvarnished and unfolding truth according to .... Global Operating Devices. And I Kid U Not

Tides of Maritinia: The spy who jumped into a sci-fi water world

Hmmm? Is that not the normal waters that real and competent virtual spies bask and excel in to rule and reign with impunity and under the stealthy cover which is afforded by ignorant disbelief and arrogant hubris.

And not anything like a sad and mad and rad lonely place but rather more a vibrant and vivacious intelligent space where the future is phormed for presentation by media and wannabe global performing puppets.

1. Youngone Silver badge

Re: The unvarnished and unfolding truth according to .... Global Operating Devices. And I Kid U Not

Why can I only upvote this once?

I have no idea what it means, but it is still poetry.

3. Vociferous

Echoes of <i>All My Sins Remembered</i>.

I haven't read this book, but Joe Haldeman's amazing classic also has an involuntary surgically altered superspy with implanted personalities, who over time starts doubting that he's on the right side.

(Come to think of it, it's a bit odd that Hollywood hasn't made a movie adaptation of AMSR yet. Could be a great sci-fi Bourne-like action vehicle. But on the other hand they'd probably butcher it, I, Robot style.)

POST COMMENT House rules

Not a member of The Register? Create a new account here.

• Enter your comment

• Add an icon

Anonymous cowards cannot choose their icon